cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number Referral

G3261
Level 4
Level 4

How do I configure a Number Referral for a number?  I want callers to hear message saying 'this number has been changed to new number'. CUCM 10.5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, a DN set to forward to voicemail is needed, but the CTI RP is optional. Most people do it because it makes them feel better, but it's really unnecessary. :) To each, their own.

In order to get a lot of numbers in, without a lot of configuration, you could use wild card DNs in CUCM. Say for example my range was 1000 - 1999. I would create a DN like 1XXX and for that to voicemail. Then as I use the numbers, like 1000, 1001, etc. CUCM will route the call to the phones (or whatever destination it is), because the pattern is more specific.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You would not be able to do this in CUCM alone. Do you have CUC? If so, you could send the DN to CUC so that you can play a message from there. Likely, you'll want to do this with a System Call Handler.

Thanks for your prompt reply Anthony...

yes we do have CUC. so from CM create CTI RP and send it to Call Handler? If this true, do I need to do these steps for every num referral?

Yes, a DN set to forward to voicemail is needed, but the CTI RP is optional. Most people do it because it makes them feel better, but it's really unnecessary. :) To each, their own.

In order to get a lot of numbers in, without a lot of configuration, you could use wild card DNs in CUCM. Say for example my range was 1000 - 1999. I would create a DN like 1XXX and for that to voicemail. Then as I use the numbers, like 1000, 1001, etc. CUCM will route the call to the phones (or whatever destination it is), because the pattern is more specific.

great...I will give it a try. Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: