cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Office 365 Skype for Business Online direct SIP integration with Cisco CUCM 8.x/9.x/10.x/11.x

rishi.raj.s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a customer who has around 6000 users globally and is utilizing Cisco IP telephony with versions 8.x/9.x/10.x/11.x. They use Skype for Business Client for IM&P globally. Now they are looking to move out of on-premises Skype for Business environment and migrate to Office 365. They would like to integrate Office 365 SFB Online with Cisco CUCM clusters to enable calling between Cisco Phones and SFB Clients and also utilize CUCM for PSTN calls which will be made from there SFB Online Clients.

Are there options available to achieve this ?

Direct SIP connection?

via a gateway ?

I would be more interested if a direct SIP connection option is available and documented.

Also, is direct SIP integration possible between SFB On-prem and CUCM 8/9/10/11?

Thanks,

Rishi

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should always try the interoperability portal in first place

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise/interoperability-portal/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805b561d.html

Or just search cisco.com for skype for business to find related documentation that is available.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I have already looked over all the links and docs but those links and docs are specific to integration between S4B on-prem and Cisco on-prem, not much information is available around Cisco CUCM on-prem integration with Office 365 S4B online.

I was hoping that someone might have already done this integration and can share the thoughts on it and around the options that were used to get this working.

Thanks,

Rishi

Rajkumar Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Rishi,

Have you heard about cloud connector from Microsoft for their customer who are completely on cloud for their S4B setup, still looking for PSTN call from their on premises voice gateway or IPT infra.

Please go through the below link and Micrsoft have a solution for the cloud PBX user to use their on premises gateway.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt612869.aspx

Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition - Cloud Connector is a hybrid offering that consists of a set of packaged Virtual Machines (VMs) that implement on-premises PSTN connectivity. By deploying a minimal Skype for Business Server topology in a virtualized environment, users in your organization, whether homed in the cloud are on premises, will be able to send and receive calls with landlines and mobile phones through the existing on-premises voice infrastructure. For more information, see Plan for Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition and Configure Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition.

Regards,

Raaj

For on premises integration please refer the below guides

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise/interoperability-portal/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805b561d.html

Regards,

Raaj