Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

ON hook dialing without dial softkey or pressing speaker

satish rawat
Beginner
Beginner

Hi All, i have a situation where customer has a phone system that we are migrating to CUCM 8.6 and today they can just dial number numbers internal and external  while the phone is in ON hook state and call gets connected without having to press DIAL key or Speaker button, they are looking so Cisco phones can behave same way, i am not sure if this is really possible with Cisco phones because with on hook dialing you got to press dial softkey or spaker button to complete the call

any thoughts..suggestions ..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame Community Legend Hall of Fame Community Legend
Hall of Fame Community Legend

Hi Satish,

"Live Dial Pad" is not supported on any version of CUCM.

We still run some Nortel here on our campus and the feature you are referring

to is called "Live Dial Pad". The thing about it is, that 99% of users still have to

pickup the handset to actually speak with the desired called party. When we first

moved our users from Nortel to CUCM we had this same discussion

Once the users realized that they could pre-dial and pickup the handset to match

the same "Live Dial Pad" functionality nobody even balked. Just our experience here,

but many of them thought you had to pre-dial > press dial softkey > and then pickup

the handset not knowing that this step > press dial softkey > could be skipped completely.

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame Community Legend Hall of Fame Community Legend
Hall of Fame Community Legend

Hi Satish,

"Live Dial Pad" is not supported on any version of CUCM.

We still run some Nortel here on our campus and the feature you are referring

to is called "Live Dial Pad". The thing about it is, that 99% of users still have to

pickup the handset to actually speak with the desired called party. When we first

moved our users from Nortel to CUCM we had this same discussion

Once the users realized that they could pre-dial and pickup the handset to match

the same "Live Dial Pad" functionality nobody even balked. Just our experience here,

but many of them thought you had to pre-dial > press dial softkey > and then pickup

the handset not knowing that this step > press dial softkey > could be skipped completely.

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

Thanks Rob..Great Answer..i agree with you 100%

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: