Helpful
Replies

on the call manager forward all outside number couldn't work

ozden ozdugun
Level 1
Level 1

our system

cucm 8.6 -- sıp trunk -----cisco voice gateway ----- sip trunk ------telco

we can call outside but,when we want to forward all to mobile phone.call forwarding couldn't work

21 Replies 21

What I understood is after changing Calling Party Selection,  For a forwarding call you are sending 4 digit  extension number instead of mobile number.BUT  your ISP is expecting Full DID  for processing the call? Am I correct.

Are you using external phone number mask ? For an outgoing how do you translate 4 digit to Full digit ?

Response Signature

yes I use prefix.and calling party selection is orginatior.this configuration my calling is working but forwarding not working.when change the calling party selection redirect number.calling and faorwarding not working and  ı saw debug voip ccapi inout calling number only  4 digit not with prefix

Where you added the Prefix? So your ISP expecting Full digits ? 

Response Signature

yes our isp want full digit.and ı added prefix route pattern 

So just to make sure we're completely clear, are you saying (1) your phones have four digit directory numbers (for example 4444), (2) you haven't configured an External Phone Number Mask in the DN configuration. (3) For normal outgoing calls you fix up the calling number on the Route Pattern using Calling Party Transformations / Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls).

Is that all correct?

If so then the problem is that the redirected call is just going to show the four digit DN.

One option, if you're happy to present a standard calling number for redirected calls, would be a translation rule on the gateway to match and replace any four digit number.   For example this rule matches only four digit numbers and replaces with 08501230000.  All other numbers are not matched and therefore left unchanged.

voice translation-rule 5
 rule 5 /^....$/ /08501230000/

Wouldn't this also be a possibility?

voice translation-rule 5
 rule 5 /^\(....\)$/ /0850123\1/

This should keep the number from the forwarding DN and prefix the needed part to it.

Response Signature

As @TONY SMITH  mentioned, you can use a translation on gateway. 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: