cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One phone can't call longdistance but others at same location can.

Brian Beaman
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to CUCM and in the middle of training.

I have a conference phone that can't call long distance (excepet for corpoates area code) or local in its area. It is at a remote site. The phone can call the external number of my cell phone which is the area code of our corporate office and where the CUCM server is located. Any other external calls the phone will ring once and go to busy. He also tried to call an 800 number, that rang twice then hit busy.

Any other phone plugged in the same spot can call anywhere with no problems. The conference phone also had worked before and has had no configuration changes but now doesn't work. Could it be something in the config or is something wrong with the phone?

2 Replies 2

Andreas Klein
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Brian, any news on this?  Did you check your CSS and Partitions on the phone and its line?

I doubt your phone is defective since you can call your cell and internal.

Also depends on which Gateway you send your call out too, make sure it's the same as another phone in the same office.

I found out that the codec had been changed from g.711 to g.729 in the region settings. Changed it back to g.711 and worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: