Views
Helpful
Replies

one profile jabber for all devices ?

mHadi
Level 1
Level 1

hi friends,

in which version (subversion) of cucm, we can create one profile jabber for all devices ?? (pc,androis,ios,...)

currently, i have cucm 11.5 su1,which i must create separate profile for each devices ..

i want to know if it is possible and in which version i can create one for all ??

thanks..

Mohammadreza Hadi
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You might have read about creating a phone security profile for many different device types, but that's a different thing. There is simply no way to do what you're asking, each Jabber device has different settings and configuration. Each Jabber flavor needs a different device type in CUCM, and that has not changed in 12.x

FYI if you think something has changed in a new release, that's what the RNs are for, they cover new and changed features, you could have read them to confirm / discard this. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You need multiple device type(TCT,BOT,CSF)  based on the device where you use Jabber.

Response Signature

@Nithin Eluvathingal , thanks for reply

yes, currently i do this,

but i think in one document, i saw an article about an update, which allows to create one profile for all devices,

i think it was said in cucm 12.x, but not sure about that ..

Mohammadreza Hadi

You might have read about creating a phone security profile for many different device types, but that's a different thing. There is simply no way to do what you're asking, each Jabber device has different settings and configuration. Each Jabber flavor needs a different device type in CUCM, and that has not changed in 12.x

FYI if you think something has changed in a new release, that's what the RNs are for, they cover new and changed features, you could have read them to confirm / discard this. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: