Views
Helpful
Replies

one Q on dial peers

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have 4 analog lines from telco connected to 4 fxo ports on my VG.

i want to specify one line from the four analog lines (say this line is connected to FXO 0/1/0 port) so that this line will be used for the manager only for his outbound and inbound calls, while the other 3 analog lines pool will be used by all other employees in the office.

it seems i have to do some mapping between this 0/1/0 port and manager's extension, can somebody guide me how to configure this?

thanks

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have CME or CM, and if hte latter, are you using MGCP or H.323?

sorry for skipping this info, yes it is CME (if it were CM things will be trivial :)

Regards

I'm not not so sure if would be trivial with CM.

Anyway, with cme you use the "trunk" command under ephone-dn, to map a extension to a specified FXO port. There are other techniques using number manipulation or COR, but check first if the above works for you.

to add to paolo... an excerpt from cciev.wordpress.com

o provide a private line for a user (so that he always uses the same FXO line to call out)

ephone-dn 1

number 1000

trunk 82

voice-port 1/0/0

connection plar opx 1000

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 82

Port 1/0/0

When the user goes off hook and dials a number 5551010, CME will prefix 82 to the number to make it look like 825551010. This will match the destination-pattern 82 and 82 is stripped off and rest of the digits are sent to PSTN.

HTH,

Chad

Hi, Thanks Paul and Chad for ur replies and nice help

Chad, I tried this but still i have a problem that for all calls from this phone (for which we configured the FXO private line), i'm getting number 82 on the display not the called number

please help me how to solve this

thanks

hi there

if u wanna achieve this there is another way to the nice methods mentioned bu paul and chad

as following

lets say ur manager DN is 5001 and other users like 5002, 5003 ...

the idea is by making translation profiles and apply it to the ephon-dn level

for example

lets say port 0/1/0 for the manager and 0/1/1, and 1/0/0 for all other users

normally on the port level do :

voice-port 0/1/0

connection plar-opx 5001

this will take the incoming calls to the manager DN

now let do the outgoing calls

lets say ur users dial 9 followed by the pstn number, creat the following translation rules:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^9/ /19/

!

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^9/ /29/

the first one replace the 9 with 19 and the second one replace the 9 with 29

now creat translation profile to translat the called number:

voice translation-profile OUT_PORT1

translate called 1

!

voice translation-profile OUT_PORT2

translate called 2

\\ Create dial peers pointing out individual ports

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 19T

port 0/1/0

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 29T

port 0/0/1

now we gonna apply the translation profile created above on the ephon-dn level

when we gonna apply first translation profile to the manager dn in this case wehn the manager for example wanna call outside to pstn need to dial 9 then the number like

the number will be translated to 1912345 then will match dial-peer 1 and will be sent to the pstn through port 0/1/0 as 12345

other phones u can asign them the same idea but not the transkation pattren relate to the port that will be used for the manager

in out example other user will dial 912345 the number will be translated to 2912345 and match dialpeer 2 and sent to pstn through port 0/0/1 as 12345

\\ apply the translation profiles to the individual ephone-dn's for the port you want to go out of

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 5001

translation-profile incoming OUT_PORT1

ephone-dn 2 dual-line

number 5002

translation-profile incoming OUT_PORT2

and will work as u want it :)

by the way for other users u can creat another dial peer like the dial peer two with higer prefrence and point to other FXO port so that users can use other port if one busy

and keep the one for manager only for dial-peer 1 to be reserved

good luck

if helpful Rate

and this si detailed info from cisco press regarding trunk method:

Cisco CME 3.2 introduces the FXO trunk command. This can be used to provide an emulation of a dedicated private PSTN line for a specific phone user. This allows Cisco CME to create the user appearance that one of the buttons on a Cisco IP phone is directly connected to a specific PSTN subscriber line (usually a dedicated FXO port connected to a specific PSTN phone number). One potential application for this is in a bank branch office where the bank manager has an internal extension number for regular calls (perhaps forwarded to the manager by a receptionist) plus a direct private line used for important clients. The private line also has voice mail service provided by the PSTN. This provides message waiting indication (MWI) by way of a stutter dial tone. To hear the MWI indication, the manager selects the private line and hears dial tone provided by the PSTN

router#show running-config

voice-port 1/0/0

connection plar-opx 1082

dial-peer voice 82 pots

destination-pattern 82

port 1/0/0

ephone-dn 10

number 1010

name manager

ephone-dn 11

number 1082

name private-line

trunk 82

ephone 1

button 1:10 2:11

ephone 1 configured with two lines. Button 1 is a normal extension (number 1010) using ephone-dn 10. Button 2 is the private line using ephone-dn 11. Incoming PSTN calls on FXO port 1/0/0 are routed directly to ephone 11 (extension number 1082) by the connection plar-opx 1082 command that is shown under voice-port 1/0/0.

Outgoing calls on the private line are routed to voice port 1/0/0 by the trunk 82 command within ephone-dn 11. This causes all calls dialed on ephone-dn 11 to have the digits 82 prefixed to the dialed number. The 82 prefix causes the calls to match to the destination-pattern 82 in dial peer 82 and, thus selects voice port 1/0/0 for the outbound call.

When the phone user dials the number, such as 555-0510, the trunk command prefixes the digits 82 to create the number 825550510. The leading digits 82 match the destination pattern for the voice port dial peer. The leading 82 digits are stripped off, and the remaining digits, 5550510, are forwarded to the PSTN line. Note that in some cases, you may need to adjust the time delay before the digits are passed to the PSTN line to avoid their being sent before the PSTN line is ready to accept them. You can do this using the prefix command (under the POTS dial peer) and using commas to insert 1-second units of delay. For example, the command prefix,, inserts 2 seconds of delay

good luck

if helpful Rate

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

Is this what you are looking for?

Search for "Direct FXO Trunk Lines" in the CallManager Express System Administration Guide. There is also a configuration example to help you along.

Be sure to read the Restrictions section.

Other than that, maybe you can use a combination of COR lists on the manager's phone to match a certain dial-peer that only the manager will match (have access to.) On that dial-peer is an FXO TrunkGroup with only that voice port.

thanks guys for nice help

thanks Marwan for ur help and 2 fives for u!

actuall my problem is not how to make this mapping between the FXO port and ephone-dn, i did it but my problem is that when i call from this dn that i did map to that specific fxo port, i get on the display only the number of trunk i used (i.e. 77, 55, 66, ...) not the called number i dialed!

Marwan, i used the trunk method, but still i have a problem with the called number being displayed on th phone display as the trunk number not the actual number i dialed?

do i need to do somethig with translation rules?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: