cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One Way Audio After Hold Resume 8841 Sip

kg4265@att.com
Level 1
Level 1

I am  experiencing an issue with one way audio on the 8841 Series phones after I put someone on hold and take them off hold. Scenarios:

User A 8841

User B 8841

User A calls User B  via ICT User B answers and conversation begins. User A puts user B on Hold and once resumed there is one way audio user A can hear B but B cannot hear A.

User A calls User B  via ICT User B answers and conversation begins. User B puts user A on Hold and once resumed all is fine.

We try these scenarios with 79XX series phones and all works as expected.  

CUCM V 8.6.2.2

8841 Firmware Phone 10.3.1.20

7 Replies 7

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That ICT , between what CUCM versions is that?

if they are same versions, did you check, double check and check again, that the settings are the same at both ends?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

I have checked but not triple checked. Both CUCM Version are the same 8.6.2. The ICT works with none SIP phones. It actually works with sip phones except when the caller placed the call on hold.

So do you have an MRGL specified for the SIP phones or are you inheriting the default null MRGL (which by default, would utilize the software MTP resources on each cluster node that has the IP Streaming Voice and Media Application service running on it)?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

MRGL's are speficied for SIP Phones/all phones. Each  MRGL has 2 MRG's assigned. One of which is the software MRG which  contains MTP's. The Software MRG has  "Use Multi-cast for MOH Audio (If at least one multi-cast MOH resource is available)" checked.

Please note that the current configuration works if the Scenario is:

User A 88XX (SIP) calls (ICT)  User B79XX (SCCP)and place call on hold by User A once resumed no issues. Seems to only occur when both endpoints are Sip and the caller  initiates the hold.User A 88XX (SIP) calls (ICT) User B88XX (SIP)

You can check if MTP required is enabled on both trunks and reset them once. If the issue persists you should capture detailed callmanager traces from both clusters to check if it is a MTP allocation or some signaling issue.

Manish

Hi Manish,

I have found the cause of the issue I am facing. This is not mentioned in 8.6 but this is  my issue 100%. When i use uni-cast it works fines, the down side is I break MOH streaming from Voice Gateway's. Any thought on the best way to resolve this issue?

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtc55640/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Just wanted to follow up as the correct Bug we are hitting is CSCui66263.