Views
Helpful
Replies

One Way Audio in ICT

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

We have a customer with call manager 7.x  who has reported problem of one way audio on ICT[Non-GK Controlled] and has two clusters.

At site A only Publisher is there while at Site B, one Pub and one SUB is installed.

When the call is initiated from Cluster A to Cluster B, IP phone at B site rings but after the user picks the phone , there is only one way audio.

On checking the configuration , it was found that RUN on Active all nodes was not selected at ICT configured in Site B. MTP was unchecked at Site A in ICT Config.

Now, the customer Unchecked both options[MTP & Run on Active All Nodes]  in ICT at both ends and is working fine.

Can u advise what could be the cause of this intermittent problem?

regds,

aman

9 Replies 9

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,

To add , Call Manager version at Site B has version 8.6.2 . The call gets established at Codec G711u.

regds,

aman

Its a little difficult to hypothesize if we cant recreate the problem. It could be an MTP issue as I dont see how run on all active nodes can be a problem. So the only way to troubleshoot will be to look at cucm traces when the problem happens.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi ,

Thanks for reply.

Customer shared the logs when not working  .Can u have a look?

Site B Publisher is 172.20.33.60 and subscriber is  172.20.33.61

Site A Pub IP is 172.24.167.5

regds,

aman

I have looked at the wireshark traces for both calls and gere is what I see

++Failed call...+++

H225 call setup was sent to cucm 172.20.33.61 in cluster B

SITE A CUCM tells CUCM in CLUSTER B to send media to 172.24.163.1
SITE B CUCM tells SITE a CUCM to send media to 172.20.33.61 (MTP)

So media path looks like this...

172.24.163.1(site a phone)-----MTP-siteb(172.20.33.61)-----SITEB Phone

+++working call.....+++

H225 call setup was sent to cucm 172.20.33.60 in cluster B

SITE B tells site A to send Media to 172.20.33.61
SITE A tells site B to send media to 172.24.163.1

So media path looks like this...

172.24.163.1(site a phone)-----MTP-siteb(172.20.33.61)-----SITEB Phone

The only difference is that the h225 setup from site A was sent to CUCM 172.20.33.60, while the call that failed it was sent to 172.20.33.61

From these traces, MTP is still used in site B.

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi ,

Thanks for prompt replies.

any config problem on Site B for 172.20.33.60 since the call failed  on 172.20.33.61

Any recommendation u suggest, since MTP and RUN on All Active Nodes is Unchecked on both sites.

172.24.163.1 is Voice Gateway at Site A.

regds,

aman

OK..Can you rprovide the full call flow..from site A to site B...Why is media going to the gateway in SITE A and not to the IP Phone?

What is the ip address on the ict trunk on site A? Which cucm group is assigned to the ICT trunk in site B

Hi ,

At Site , we have a GW with IP address 172.24.163.1 and a Publisher with IP address as 172.24.167.5 while at Site B, there are two servers in a cluster 172.20.33.60 and 172.20.33.61.

In ICT at site A , we have added two IPs 172.20.33.60 and .61 while at Site B under site B, we have just single IP i.e. 172.24.167.5

The problem what I can see is MTP due to which calls from site A to B are hitting through VG 172.24.163.1.

Two MTP is configured at Site A , with MRG _1 under which annuncaitor, Conference Bridge , MOH and MTP is selected as media resource.

Trnascoder is also configured at Site A with Cisco IOS Enhanced MTP and is regsirtered to Call manager 172.24.167.5

Media Resource group are two : one  as above and second MRG_2  has media resource as  Trnascoder

in MRGL, both are existing  with MRG_2 as first with MRG_1 as second.

At site A, we have call manager group with Publisher only.

I think this could be the problem.Please advice .

regds,

aman

Hi aok,

Can u please  look into this and advise me?

regds,

aman

Amanso,

I am not sure i understand what you wrote? What do you want me to advise on? Why the call is going to the gateway in SITE A? or why the call is invoking an MTP?

I need to look at CUCM traces from SITE A....So please provide that..But let me know what you want me to help you with.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: