Views
Helpful
Replies

One way Audio issue in IP communicator

V.Naveen Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Today, our client faced issue in IP communiator. One way audio issue.

1. (On net call) when calling from cisco soft phone to cisco hard phone==> hard phone cannot hear any audio but soft can hear the audio.

2. (On net call) when calling from cisco soft phone to alcatel hard phone==> both can hear the audio.

3. (Off net call) when calling from cisco soft phone to both alcatel and cisco hard phone==> hard phone cannot hear anything.

but hard cisco to all other hard phone working fine.

I checked firewall, adapter and TFTP address.

but No use.

Can IP communicator  work in data Vlan.???

Plz Help me for it.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You may have checked the firewall, but be reassured 100%, it is it in the path, it is blocking UDP/RTP..

I checked firewall 100% sure.

but i have another doubt i tried to change one port into access vlan that time there is no audio issue in the IP communicator.

we cant use access vlan for IP communicator this may cause some security violation issue right.???

IP communicator runs on the PC. The PC should be in a data Vlan, hence your IP commucator will use the same vlan. There is no way you will assign a different vlan to the ip communicator other the vlan the PC on which it is running...So there is no security issue

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

Rafael Carvalho
Level 1
Level 1

If you are sure that the firewall is not the problem, then you should test connectivity (routing) between the access and voice VLANs. Perhaps one of vlans not have the default route.

Hello Naveen,

Can you confirm is the softphone accessed via VPN connection, when it faces an one way audio issue...?

Thx. Raja.

asbesi001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kumar,

Did you manage to fix this issue?

I am having almost the same problem.

Regards,

Bj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: