cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

one-way audio using SIP Trunk in CUCME

PaulBunyanTech
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue with our phone's that we are only getting one-way audio. and if I get a call on the sip trunk number and i try to answer the call it will drop the call on my end and keep the call going on the other end. This only happens on our SIP Trunk Calls. internal phones work fine.

Our setup is a 2911 with CUCME version 12.0. And our 2911 is directly connected to the internet. SIP Trunk Provider ---> 2911/CME ----> IP Phones.

Our IOS version that i am using is: c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.157-3.M2. I have attached our running config of the router. 

10 Replies 10

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you post your debug ccsip message output from a failed call and stated calling and called number.

could be a codec mismatch issue or routing issue.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis

I have attached a txt file with the ccsip logs. First one is calls from outside(My Cell) to Inside using the SIP trunk. This phone ring about three times and hung up. It about the time the CUE answered for voicemails. 

and the Second log is from inside to outside(To My Cell Again). Inside to outside was just dead air when answered.

Thanks

Andrew

Yo Minnesota, I looked at your sip traces, and I cant understand the two IP below.

whatis the 

172.87.10.120?  trace below seems from an outbound call, is that correct?

cvb.jpg

Hi Dennis

The IP 172.87.10.120 is our WAN IP from our ISP. and then 192.168.170.1 is the internal IP of our CUCME

There are multiple issues here. 

1. Outbound call. 

The dead air you are getting on inbound call could be related to routing issues. The IP address your provider is requesting that you send media to is "4.55.22.66". Can your CUBE route to this address? I suspect this is not the case. 

2. Inbound call.

For inbound call, I see an issue on your provider side. They are sending multiple INVITEs at the same time and I have no idea why.

The first INVITE comes at 3:57:50.697

and 8ms after we get additional 3 INVITE(s )at the same time 3:57:50.705 and then after another 4ms you get another 3 INVITE(s).

CUBE then interprets all these as a LOOP. So speak to them, show them these traces and get them to correct this on their side.

Capture.PNG

Please rate all useful posts

Hello

Yes you are correct i cant route to 4.55.22.66 from my cube. but also i cant ping to it from another location either.

Also i sent a flowroute a ticket about the invite's. also, I added another debug for the outbound issue that other person cant hear me but I can hear them. 

Minnesota,

jut as a test, change your flow around under your sip config into flow through.

this way RTP will termintate on your CUBE.

when i do the media flow-through command in the dial peer or the global it is not taking the command. but also im not getting any errors.

when you say "is not taking it" do you mean you do not see it when you so a show run?

I think that is because its default flow through

Correct
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: