cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
228
Views
0
Helpful
4
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

One Way Audio VPN Connection CIPC

Having a one way audio problem when calling from CIPC softphone via VPN.  When it's on the local LAN calls work fine.  I assume it's the ASA blocking the traffic, but I've been looking at it for days and can't see why it would not be working.

 

I've added ACL's to allow traffic, NAT exempt VPN subnet to internal LAN.

 

The weird thing is calling from softphone CIPC to DX650 one way audio, CIPC to 7945G one way audio, CIPC to 7925G works.

 

From CIPC side I get no codec negotiated, sender packets increment, but everything else stays at 0.

 

I've also tried turning SIP/Skinny inspection off and on makes no difference on the policy map

 

 

From the inside phones other then then 7925G it all looks correct.  I see G.722 codec send and receive packets all increment.

 

I've attached wireshark captures from softphone, the ASA and the voice router with parts of the configs.

 

softphone = 192.168.99.101

ASA = 172.16.14.2

Voice Router = 172.16.14.4

CUCM = 172.16.15.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I ended up wiping the config on my ASA and re-doing it from scratch and now everything works as it should.
Not sure what the problem was on the ASA as everything looked to be correct.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Beginner

in the IP Communicator there is a setting for "Optimize for Low Bandwidth"

 

if that is checked, uncheck it.

 

also, ensure that IP Communicator does not start until the VPN is up. It could be binding to the wrong interface/IP Address.

Highlighted

Optimize for Low Bandwidth is not checked, and is bound to correct interface with the correct IP.

Highlighted

It's something on the ASA I just have not figured it out as of yet.

I tested the same config with pfSense and it works, all calls get 2 way audio fine

Highlighted

I ended up wiping the config on my ASA and re-doing it from scratch and now everything works as it should.
Not sure what the problem was on the ASA as everything looked to be correct.

View solution in original post