cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One Way Calling Issue from PSTN

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Have a remote site whose DID's reside on a router at HQ.  This is also where the CUCM cluster resides (HQ).   Calls from PSTN to users direct number have a consistent issue where the caller can hear them, but the users cannot hear the caller.  If the caller calls into the main number which goes to a call handler and then selects the users extension, when that calls connects, both parties can hear each other.

During a direct call to a user I could see on the Web GUI for the phone that there are no receive packets.  I am trying to differentiate why dial by numbers works and direct to the user does not.

Any idea's

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Routing Issue Discovered.  9 out of 10, it's usually a routing issue.  Thanks for feedback.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mostly its could be routing issues, can you share more details about you connection type.  SIP or PRI ?

What's your gateway type. 

Ping from phone subnet to  gateway and vice versa and see if you are able to  reach each other. if any firewall in between check the firewall configuration too... 

Response Signature

Hello and thank you for your reply,

Yes I can ping from phone subnet to the gateway.  The gateway is a 4331 ISR router with a PRI connection.  

you need to test the  ping from gateway to phone subnet too...

Response Signature

I did that as well and was able to ping thru.  

What protocol you use for gateway, could you please share the gateway config ?

Response Signature

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Routing Issue Discovered.  9 out of 10, it's usually a routing issue.  Thanks for feedback.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: