cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

one way Intercom gives busy tone

alaayehya
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring one way intercom(manager to assistant) in CUCM 6.0 and it is not working giving busy tone when manager press the speed dial  of the assistant .

here i have some questions?

our DID begin from 600 to 899 do i need to use one of the DID as Intercom DN or no use any number for example 3000 for Manager and 3001 for assistant?

why it is giving busy tone direclty when clicking on the intercom speed dial from manager to assitant?

do i have to change configuration of partitions and CSS?

pls help

8 Replies 8

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

yes, you need to configure separate partitions and CSS's for Intercom.

I recommend you read this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsintrcm.html

G.

hi

can i user same DN?what i mean if the manager DID is 888 and the assistant is 817 can I user 888 as DN or no i have to select different DN out of DID range for example 3000 for manager and 3001 for assistant

Yes you can reuse the same DN patterns since the Intercom DNs must be in unique/separate Intercom Partitions that will not be accessible by a normal DN or vice versa. A few points to check:

-That the Intercom DNs are in partition(s) that are included in the intercom CSS.

-That both intercom DNs have their Default Activated Device (the phone they are associated to) set.

Full documentation on the feature is here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91_chapter_0100010.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

this is the setup:

here the steps of my configurations:

-Create two ā€˜Intercom partitionsā€™ for the Manager and the Assistantā€™s intercom DNs by navigating to Call Routing -> Intercom -> Intercom Route Partition. Title the partitions something along the lines of ā€œPT-INTERCOM-MANAGERā€ and ā€œPT-INTERCOM-ASSISTANTā€.

- Create two ā€˜Intercom CSSsā€™ for the Manager and the Assistantā€™s intercom DNs by navigating to Call Routing -> Intercom -> Intercom Calling Search Space. Title the CSSs something along the lines of ā€œCSS-INTERCOM-MANAGERā€ and ā€œCSS-INTERCOM-ASSISTANTā€. Configure the Manager CSS to contain the Assistantā€™s Intercom partition (PT-INTERCOM-ASSISTANT) so that the Managerā€™s Intercom CSS will having dialing access to the Assistantā€™s intercom DN. The Assistants Intercom CSS will also contain the Assistantā€™s intercom partition only because the CSS cannot be left empty.

- Create an ā€˜Intercom Directory Numberā€™ for the managerā€™s phone by navigating to Call Routing -> Intercom -> Intercom Directory Number as show in Figure 1. We will configure 3000 as the Managerā€™s Intercom DN

- Create a second ā€˜Intercom Directory Numberā€™ for the assistantā€™s phone . We will configure 3001 as the Managerā€™s Intercom DN.

our DID begin from 600 to 899 do i need to use one of the DID as Intercom DN or no use any number for example 3000 for Manager and 3001 for assistant?

why it is giving busy tone direclty when clicking on the intercom speed dial from manager to assitant?

do i have to change configuration of partitions and CSS?

Hi,

there's a tons of reasons it may give you fast busy. Bad CSS, misconfiguration, etc.

First, you might want to start with one partition and one CSS.

Name them Intercom (both the Route Partition and the CSS). Remember, they are not regular partitions and CSS's, but Intercom ones.

Second, modify the phone button template. Add the Intercom button to both the manager and the assistant.

For this test, 101 would be the manager, 102 would be the assistant.

Remember to set the correct Default Activated Device and the Speed dial. On the manager's phone, it would be 102, on the assitant phone, you can leave it blank (so that the assistant cannot intercom the manager directly).

G.

M'kay, so if this is a place for a sales pitch, here's mine, too: I can offer my consultation services for a modest price, even remotely. Ten years experience with Cisco IP Telephony, Call Centers. Send me a private message and we can discuss the details.

G.

Gergely,

I am really sorry if I made you angry. I just wanted to say that I don't have good experiences with Cisco Intercom.

That's why I've offered 2Ring's solution which could fix alaa's issue in short time. Nothing else!

When I wrote I will provide more technical details, I ment it will be via this forum.

And moreover, be sure that I'm not a salesman.

Hope the situation is clear now.

Martin

P.S. I realy respect you as a excellent technician. Your advices are very often usefull.

Hi,

from my experience the Intercom is really problematic at Cisco side.

That's why some comapanies develop their own intercom apps -> third party.

So I can recommend to take a look at http://www.2ring.com/newjuice. We also have FREE Edition which could be useful for you.

If you need more info, just let me know and I will provide you more technical details.

Martin