Helpful
Replies

One-way problem with Station Conference 8831

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys, 

My Customer is having the follow problem about one-way audio:

User A IP Phone 8851 dialing to User B that is using one 8831, User A don´t hear audio and  User B hear (internal calls, in the same site)

User B IP Phone 8831 dialing to User A that is using one 8851: User A don´t hear audio and  User B hear (internal calls, in the same site)

There are not problem when extension with IP Phone model 8851 dialing to another 8851. I am suspecting problem with firmware about 8831, but, We are using the last version.

Any have idea about this?

Thanks,

Wilson 

5 Replies 5

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

This is probably a networking issue.  Are the devices on different network segments?

Can you check the stream stats to see if the 8831 is sending RTP and if the 8851 is receiving it?  You can get the stats on the phone themselves or via the phone's webpage, assuming you have web access enabled, then just click on the stream link.

Sometimes conference phones are plugged into switchports that are not on the correct vlan or do not have a voice vlan configured. 

I would start there first.

Hi GMGARRIAN,

Thanks a lot for Your contact and sorry to answer only now. As and where I verify if the strem status and stream link is send RTP about 8831? 

Regards,

Wilson

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Could you please check this post.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/8831-one-way-audio/td-p/3364501

From the post

------------

There seems to be a bug with this firmware version and "older" 8831 in the field.

Here we have 96 8831 and we received a new batch requiring at least firmware version 10-3-1-SR3 and these don't have the issue with the new firmrare....only the previous 8831 have the issue.

According to the diagnostics we did, the issue is with the full duplex, as soon as both parties try to talk at the same time, the 8831 users can't be heard by the others. They have to wait for a few seconds without talking for the voice from the 8831 to be heard again.

Look at the release notes and you'll see a bug for that :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8831/firmware/10-3-1-sr4/cs38_b_rns-8831-8831nr-1031sr4.html

The bug id is: CSCvh12266 One-way audio during full duplex streaming from 8831

I have a TAC case about this but the engineer can't confirm that we are hitting this bug and won't tell me why we can't access the détails on the bug search tool.

Anyway, TAC gave us access to firmware version sip8831.10-3-1ES9-1 and we are currently testing it on two of the affected devices , the ones used by the persons that have reported the issue.

All the other 8831 have been downgraded to version sip8831.10-3-1SR2-2.

By the way, the newer version of 8831 we received can't go back to sip8831.10-3-1SR2-2, they just stay at the latest version or the version that they came with.

You can open a TAC case and request access to the ES firmware above or just rollback to the prior version of the firmware, through CUCM's Device Defaults page.

Hope this helps !!!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi Cisco Rath!

Thanks a lot for Your contact and too send the link. We are using the last version about Cisco site 

sip8831.10-3-1SR4-2-BR

I will read the post in the link that You then return for You.

Regards,

Wilson