cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One way replication with ILS and GPDR on CUCM 12.0.

j.dewiele
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've configured ILS and GPDR for SIP URIs between two clusters, HQ and Br1, each configured as a Hub. We are using a password for ILS authentication. We are using CA signed certificates and have also exchanged the Tomcat certificates and each cluster has the root CA certificate.

The SIP Route Patterns for the route strings are configured in both directions.

Both clusters show the USN Data Synchronization Status is "up to date" for both clusters and if I make a change then the LAST USN Data received value updates. On one cluster I can see all the learned SIP URIs and can route to them but on the other I can see none. If I look at the ILS trace I can see that the missing URIs are being received but otherwise I can't understand the trace.

I've attached the ILS trace from the cluster receiving the updates but not putting them into the learned URI list.

Any help would be appreciated.

8 Replies 8

FWIW: I looked at your traces, too, and see where the data is received but do not see where the URIs are not being posted to the database. It makes me wonder if there is another trace that would show the incoming data committed.

Does the command utils ils findroutestring show the learned patterns?

Thanks Maren,

I'm running 12.0.

There doesn't seem to be a command "utils ils findroutestring". I looked for a show command but couldn't find one.

The only command is "utils ils showpeerinfo", which shows the peer info correctly.

I guess I'll have to call TAC.

Thanks!

Oops. Sorry. It looks like they got rid of that one in v10 and I didn't notice.

If TAC shows you how to find the information about committing learned information to the database, please post that answer here. I would LOVE to know how to do that.

Good luck!

Maren

Hi there

Thats right. From 10.x later we just got only  "utils ils showpeerinfo" command available. But you have couple of options

1. Unified Reporting >> Unified CM Directory URI and GDPR Duplicate
    • You can find the duplicate URIs and the node advertising that.
  2. Check the Route Plan Report for URI, ils numbers and patterns
  3. CCM SDL Traces

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

tonypearce1
Level 3
Level 3
Did you ever get this solved?

Hey,

I just got back to this and found that it's working now.

I'm not sure what we might have done that fixed it. We did clean up the SIP URI assignments but I'm not sure if it was working before we did that or fixed itself afterwards. We also applied a COP file and rebooted.

Thank you for your interest.

jonathan.salter
Level 3
Level 3
I know you mentioned it is working but it was my understanding only one cluster can/should be a Hub.
Please remember to rate useful posts, click on the stars below.

Hi

Good thought. My understanding is that the hubs end up being fully meshed.

Here's some text from:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_0_1/sysConfig/CUCM_BK_C733E983_00_cucm-system-configuration-guide/configure___intercluster_lookup_service.pdf

Activate ILS on the Hub Cluster

You must configure each cluster in your ILS network as either a hub cluster or a spoke cluster. Each ILS network must have at least one hub cluster. You can connect a hub cluster to other hub clusters, or you can configure a hub cluster as the only hub cluster in the network. In addition, you can connect a hub cluster to multiple spoke clusters, or you can configure the hub cluster with no spoke clusters. Perform the following procedure to activate the ILS on the hub cluster in the ILS network.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: