cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Oneway audio on offnet calls over sip at a single location.

I have an issue that just effects one of my remote sites that is on SIP but not the others, it also seems to just effect some of the phones with no disernable pattern on type, or phone settings, I even copied a working phone to rebuild a non working phone but the problem presisted, the phones uses the same switch and router and the SW port settings are the same.  The issue is when a call is placed offnet to long distance (so digit) dial or 1800 number the caller cannot hear anything but the person being called can hear.  I can not replecated this problem from my main staiton or other locations.

any adivce in Troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

8 Replies 8

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

David can you describe your call flow..

Please rate all useful posts

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

The call flow is from the remote location through an MPLS T1 back to our Main site and CUCM, the Back out an MPLS router through the CUBE to the carrier which then provides PSTN access. 

Does this affect long distance calls only or all calls out to the PSTN...

Can you do a test call from the location and send the ff debugs from your cube

debug ccsip messages

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

I was able to fix the problem by changing the region relationship from G7.29 to G7.11, not sure why it was necssary since my other locations work on G7.29 with out any issues.

dino55088
Level 1
Level 1

Does the endpoint support g729? Is it defined in the right location on cucm? Could it possibly be invoking an offsite mtp or transcoded that supports g711?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yes it supports G729 it a is 7942G phone with Firmware and TFTP pushed the same as every other 7942 on our network,

It is defined with the Butte region which had a a default G7.29 relationship with the Gateway region which was used by the SIP trunk.

As Far as the last point I don't believe so but I am not particullary sure how to check.

Are you able to perform a CUCM SDI trace during a problem call?

Does that Line:Phone have the same Calling Search Space   as the other phones on the remote site?

ON the CUBE, do a "show call active brief" when you have a problem call up, look for the dial peer matching your DN on the problem phone and it's IP address (inbound) and other dial peer representing called number (outbound). What dial peers are being matched?

I wont be able to test an problem call for a little while since i don't want to bring them down. 

They are using the same Calling Search Space.