Views
Helpful
Replies

OS-wide Click-to-Call functionality

crescentwire
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have a group of Sales users who are very interested in the following functionality: being able to select any string of digits within their Windows envinronment (be it Notepad, Word, or inside a FileMaker Pro window), and dial using their IP phone.

We've already tested Cisco's Click-to-Call "plugin" (if you will) with varying rates of success. Application Dial Rules and all aside, it's not full-featured enough for what they want (true OS-wide integration, instead of just within Office and Firefox/MSIE).

So my question is this: what are folks using out there? What have you found that will give this functionality? Obviously there is a price tag attached.

Please sound off in your reply. Anything that could point me in a direction (any direction!) worth considering is highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

LavanLegal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am also interested in dialling from our Filemaker contact system using Jabber or our Cisco 9951.

Thanks

Stephen

Hi

We have managed to get this working really well.

We have Jabber installed on our users PCs.

Once Jabber is installed you can use the tel: protocol

Just create a hyperlink with the prefix tel: eg. tel:5551313

The Jabber client will envoke and prompt you with a dialog to confirm that you want to dial the number.

We found that on some of our PCs, it did not work, but running the Jabber client as an Administrator fixed this issue.

Hope this helps someone.

Stephen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: