Views
Helpful
Replies

Out of Bandwidth for ALL inter site calls

Joey De Wiele
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a situation where all calls between sites are returning the error "Out of Bandwidth". RTMT shows no bandwidth available for any site.

We have locations configured for every site but no bandwidth restrictions are in place so far, so we should never see this message.

We tried restarting the LBM service and even restarted all of our servers. No luck. The locations were imported using BAT from an export on a cluster where everything worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joey

CUCM v9.1.2.12901-3

6 Replies 6

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Joey,

Very strange this, did you try to resync the bandwith location?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Hey,

There is no "resync" button in 9.1.2 (at least that I can find).

That's why I ended up restarting the LBM services, and then restarting the whole cluster. One would think that restarting the cluster would resync the bandwidth.

I ended up adding a complete fully meshed "any site to any site unlimited" configuration.

It's almost like the default inter site bandwidth flipped from unlimited to none when I imported the locations on the target cluster.

I suspect this is another problem with BAT imports.

Thanks,

Joey

Joey,

I would raise this with TAC to be honest, I have seen similar things on 10.0, where RTMT shows enough bandwidth and yet, the cucm syslog shows the locations run out of bandwidth.

sorry I cant be more helpful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Joe,

Yes, it is strange.

Its solved for me. When i was troubleshooting this issue i found the IP Phone "Location" is different from the Gateway "Location" eventhough both has been configured with "unlimited" bandwidth. I made change on IP Phone to match with the Gateway "Location" field and its solved my problem.

Regards

Ram

Hi Ram,

Yours is a slightly different problem. You need to be careful that all phones/devices/gateways/media resources at the same site are in the same location or you will have problems, for example, with phones at the site trying to use the gateway at the site.

My problem turned out to be that if you "BAT In" locations then the locations mechanism completely breaks. My fix: don't ever BAT In locations. This one of a number of problems with the BAT tool. Another one would be that if you export phone services and then import them you'll find things like missed call lists are broken.

Thanks for the comment,

Joey

Thanks for your update Joey.