Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound 911 Dialpeer

Not applicable

Hi All, the consultant who initially configured our CUBE router had this dialpeer responsible for handling the cases where a phone dials a 3 digit telco services number (should include 911, no other dialpeer matches it in our config)

dial-peer voice 411 pots
description *** Services ***
destination-pattern 9[1-8]11
direct-inward-dial
port 0/2/0:23
forward-digits 3
!

However, it looks to me like 911 is not included in the regex so I want to change it to the following -

dial-peer voice 411 pots
description *** Services ***
destination-pattern 9[1-9]11
direct-inward-dial
port 0/2/0:23
forward-digits 3
!

Obviously I don't want to test it without notifying emergency services first. But upon first glance would this achieve the correct result of dialing 911 when an ext dials 9-911?

1 Reply 1

bmennenga
Level 1
Level 1

It will route to 911, if the CallManager is configured to first match 9.911 or 911 and route to this SIP trunk as 9911.  Suggest using the "Dialed Number Analyzer" on CUCM (under Serviceability page) to select a phone, line, and then analyze it dialing 911 or 9911 to see if it goes to the SIP trunk and what the final manipulated called and calling digits are.  Assuming then that there are no dial-peers configured for just 911 or that 911 isn't routing via a different circuit.  Many SIP-PSTN providers don't support 911 or if they do require the services of Intrado or similar to be paid for in addition to the SIP-PSTN service.  So not unusual to leave an ISDN PRI circuit still in place for 911, secure phones, maybe faxing (depending on carrier support).