cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound 911 using specific PRI channel

jonathanwalton
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 sites that share a PRI at my data center.  I use CER and ELINs to handle 911.  My 911 testing started to show the wrong address, and I contacted my PRI provider about ensuring the ELINs had the correct address.  My provider said different PSAPs handle the calls for my 2 locations.  They setup the PRI so that 911 calls on channels 1-22 would route to the PSAP for SiteA (larger), and Channel 23 would route to the PSAP for Site B.  I need to figure out how to specifically select which channel I use on the PRI, or split (22/1) the PRI interface on the gateway into 2 virtual interfaces, or something along those lines.  I use H323 between CUCM and my voice gateway.

Any ideas on the best way to handle this?

I have 2x voice gateways and 2x PRIs, and the telco would be changing port 23 on both PRIs (in case one PRI goes down).

I use CER as well, but I believe the solution is either in CUCM or on the voice gateway itself.

I use CUCM 9.1.2.10000-28, and CER 9.0.2.10000-1.

My router is a 3925E, running IOS c3900e-universalk9_npe-mz.SPA.153-2.T1.bin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Nihiser
Level 1
Level 1

You could split your PRI into trunk-groups then have your inbound dial peer match based on incoming-called number then associate that dial-peer to the trunk-group.

I did something similar to this however no CER was involved. The commands I'm referring to are here in this reference document. Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but perhaps worth a gander.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/as5350/software/release/notes/trnkgrpf.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Adam Nihiser
Level 1
Level 1

You could split your PRI into trunk-groups then have your inbound dial peer match based on incoming-called number then associate that dial-peer to the trunk-group.

I did something similar to this however no CER was involved. The commands I'm referring to are here in this reference document. Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but perhaps worth a gander.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/as5350/software/release/notes/trnkgrpf.html

Thanks!  This is what I'm looking for.  I'll play around with it and update this thread.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: