Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound call busy tone

kevin.hu
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Cisco VoIP experts,

My user called me and told me that he can't make any outbound call.  When I login to the voice gateway (ISR 2811), I noticed the PRI was bouncing couple times 30 minutes ago according to show syslog.  Show isdn status and show ccm-manager all shows normal status.  After resetting the gateway from CallManager 4.3, I am able to make outbound call again.

The customer asks if it can be avoided in the future and if there is a tool that can proactively notify IT about unable to make inbound or outbound call.  I am thinking some kind of PRI probe or robo calls but I don't know exactly what.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are a several options; here are the three that come to mind:

• A syslog server.
  • SNMP monitoring of the controller or serial interface on the router.
  • RTMT alert emails. In this case it sounds like you're using MGCP so the MgcpDChannelOutOfService alarm probably would have been thrown.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks for the response Jonathan.  Do you have experience with Cisco Prime?  I saw Cisco Prime can do synthetic call from phone to phone.  Because a syslog or SNMP monitorings are not proactive troubleshooing tools.  They wait for some event to happen and then alert you about the status.  I am looking for a more proactive tools to periodically probing the line to make sure it is working.