cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound call transfer transformation to display inbound Caller ANI

krisduckworth
Level 4
Level 4

When placing or transferring any calls to PSTN the outbound ANI is displayed from the extensions config.  I have a use case where I am receiving inbound calls that need to be transferred back out through the PSTN but I need to update or transform my outbound caller ANI to be displayed as the origination ANI.

Inbound caller 801-555-1234 dials DID 801-444-1000 rings to CUCM 11.5 > rings to extension 1000.

Extension 1000 transfers same call to PSTN number 801-333-9876 but needs to transform the call to appear as origination ANI of 801-555-1234.  Is this possible either via CUCM or ISR gateway to ISDN PRI provider?

2 Replies 2

Prashant Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kris,

can you provide the exact call flow? If call is coming through ITSP might need to make some changes in the SIP parameter or this could also be an issue from provider as well. If calls are routing through PRI lines I need to check for outbound setup message sent to the provider. Share one test call debugs with call flow. 

Regards,

Prassha3

If helpful kindly rate. 

ardugar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

First thing to confirm would be if your Provider would support that call ? 

I have seen that many providers only accept calls from  the DID range allocated. Sending the original calling number to the provider while transfer will fail that requirement since that calling number does not belong to the DID range allocated. 

Anyhow, If the provider is okay to receive these call,  there is one parameter on the trunk/gateway configuration page which you can set. 

Under outbound calls section on the gateway/trunk page, there would be parameter called 'calling party selection'. You can set it to 'originator' to send the original calling party. 

Please note that this will affect all the transfer calls(internal/external) going out via that trunk/gateway, so make sure you consider all the call flows possible which might be affected by this parameter before making the change. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: