Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound call transferring to voicemail if no answer

Hi,

we have cucm 8.6 with the below call flow

PSTN-------sip-------------Gateway--------sip---------CUCM-----sip-----IP PHONE.

when user dials any outbound call , if the call is not answered the user getting the msg like " your call cannot be completed as dialed pleasae consult your directory.........."

7 Replies 7

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mohammed,

You mean the outbound call made by IP Phone or the inbound calls from PTSN to the IP phone.

If the second one, then most probably the call fails while trying to dial the VM pilot number once the call went unanswered. Please check whether that phone was able to dial the VM pilot number and the CSS is fine.

Hi Rajan,

The Outbound calls made from IP phone to PSTN...

sorry the regarding cofusion over call flow,the call flow is in reverse, i just wrote it to get the understanding of setup

Thanks for clarifying. So you are unable to reach the voice mail of the external number you are calling right ? Then it should be an issue on the provider side as the call cannot be extended to voicemail pilot on the PSTN.

HTH

Rajan

no,

the message getting played by my cucm, not the called number voice mail.

actually the call should be disconnected with disconnect tone if not answered but if the outbound call not answered the call is getting disconnecs with the message being played by my system as if he dialed wrong number which doesn't match any route pattern...

So which number you are dialing and where is the forwarding configured ?

Usually when you call a PSTN number and the user is not answering the call, we will receive disconnect from Provider with "user busy" message resulting in call diconnect or connect to VM.

could you provide "debug ccsip messages" from the gateway along with the call details to see what exactly happens.

its not always but most of the time, regardless which number called..

will upload the debugs in few mins

Hi,

attaching the debug ccsip messages

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: