cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound calling - Cisco IPC 8.6 over PAN Global Protect VPN

marsc
Level 1
Level 1

Currently using cisco ipc 8.6 over PA global protect VPN.

I am able to make ext to ext calls and received external calls.

Outbound doesn't work. When attempting call out, the entered number doesn't process, it just pretty much dialing over a dial tone.

When inside the network, outbound calling works.

I cant seem to run a packet tracer cause there isn't a true call being established.

All ports are open on the firewall.

7 Replies 7

wkyuen.ricky1
Level 1
Level 1
sccp or sip?

SIP

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7
You should be able to go on your PSTN gateway and determine if the call is getting that far.
Can you please replicate the issue by making a test call from your CIPC.
If SIP, use the “debug ccsip messages” command and post the results of that here.

Hey Scott,
Looks like the protocol is the issue. The CIPC was registering using SIP protocol.
Once I copied another CIPC thats using SSCP, the external calling is now working.
Where on the configuration does the CIPC determines what protocol it should connect with?

From what I know it’s the configuration of the device in CUCM that would set this.

Response Signature

You can choose SIP or SCCP when you are adding the ip communicator in CUCM.

IF SIP is having problem and you want to troubleshoot, you can check the "SIP ALG" setting in the firewall. Sometimes, SIP ALG have to be disable to make sip phone operating normally.

Good to know.
As others have said, you select the protocol when adding the device to CUCM. I’ve personally always added them as SCCP devices and never had the problems you experienced. 😀
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: