Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Dial-peer

jonlopez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone and thanks in advance.

I have a site that has 4 POTS lines, but at that location there are two separate houses that share the lines for inbound/incoming calls. am trying to separate the lines for the houses that way 2x lines for House A and 2x lines for House B.

I was able to get the inbound calls separated by configuring connection plar on the voice-port .

Is there is a way to control the outbound calls to use a specific Voice-port ? Like House A uses voice-port 0-1, and House B uses Voice-port 2-3 . 

Below is the current outbound dial-peers

dial-peer voice 800 pots
trunkgroup POTS
description GATEWAY TO PSTN 11 DIGIT LD DIALING
translation-profile outgoing caller-id
destination-pattern 1[2-9]..[2-9]......

dial-peer voice 900 pots
trunkgroup ISLAND

description GATEWAY TO PSTN 11 DIGIT LD DIALING

destination-pattern 1[2-9]..[2-9]......

6 Replies 6

First off my assumption is that you use CM and that the control protocol for your gateway is either SIP or H.323.

If house A and B have different directory numbers blocks it would be possible. If so you could use multiple inbound dial peer from CM that match on the answer address and use a voice translation profile to prefix a steering code to the called number. This steering code would then be used on the outbound dial peers to the PSTN to send it out via the wanted group of ports, with another voice translation profile that would remove the prefix added to the called number so that it becomes a valid number again when sent to your service provider. I hope I managed to explain this somewhat comprehensive.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, we are using CM and SIP protocol for the gateway, and unfortunately the extensions are on the same block.

That would leave you with the option to have to create specific call routing in CM to in it prefix the routing prefix to the called number before it’s sent to the gateway. Apart from that it would be identical to my previous outline.

Response Signature

is this CUCM or CME deployment ?

If this is a CME deployment, use below.

• Configure COR-House A
  • Configure dial-peer for House A and keep it in  COR_HOUSE A.
  • HOUSE-A Phones give access to above COR
  • Do the same for House-B

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

This was the first thing I tried but then realized that is only for CME. I got excited when I found it doing my research, but thank you for the reply.

If its CUCM flow the below. its the same thing @Roger Kallberg  mentioned in his reply.

Create Two Partition.

HOUSE A & HOUSE B

1.PNG

Create CSS HOUSE A & B and assign the above partitions as below.

3.PNG2.PNG

Assign HOUSE A CSS on HOUSE A phone and on HOUSE B CSS HOUSE B

CREATE TWO RP with same pattern on different partition.And we use prefix 01  for HOUSE-A calls and Prefix 02 for HOUSE B call and CUCM will add it.

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

7.PNG

ON gateway we  Match dial-peer using the prefix. Before sending  the call to ISP  we strip the prefix.(Choose the dial-peer based on your deployment)

dial-peer voice 800 pots
trunkgroup POTS
description GATEWAY TO PSTN 11 DIGIT LD DIALING-HOUSEA
destination-pattern 011[2-9]..[2-9]...... >>>> when HOUSE A, call 01 gets added from CUCM and it match this dial-peer

forward-digits 11 >> we strip prefix and will send only 11 digits to ISP

dial-peer voice 900 pots
trunkgroup ISLAND

description GATEWAY TO PSTN 11 DIGIT LD DIALING-HOUSEB

destination-pattern 021[2-9]..[2-9]...... >>>> when HOUSE B call, 02 gets added from CUCM and it match this dial-peer

forward-digits 11 >> we strip prefix and will send only 11 digits to ISP

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: