cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound dialing with Multi-site PRIs and H323.

patrickscully
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Customer network is 3 sites.  2 PRIs and 3 FXO at Site A.  1 PRI and 2 FXO at site B.  4 FXO at Site C.
Using H323 on all gateways.  Call Manager 8.6.  Pub at site A.  Sub at site C.

My Outbound PSTN Call flow objectives are:

Site A outbound call will 1st attempt to use Site A's PRIs (Local Route Group). 
If they are down/unavailable use Site B's PRI (VoIP dial-peer to Site B).  If Site B's PRI is down/unavailable use Site A's FXO.

Site B outbound call will 1st attempt to use Site B's PRI (Local Route Group). 
If it is down/unavailable use Site A's PRIs (VoIP dial-peer to Site A).  If Site A's PRIs are down/unavailable use Site B's FXO.

Site C outbound call will 1st attempt to use Site A's PRIs (Local Route Group). 
If they are down/unavailable use Site B's PRI (VoIP dial-peer to Site B).  If Site B's PRI is down/unavailable use Site C's FXO.

Using Local Route groups and Device pools and Preferences on the dial-peers; I am able to get the call rerouted out the 2nd sites PRI.

The problem I'm running into is when BOTH sites PRIs are down.  The call won't go out the 1st sites FXOs because the VoIP dialpeers I've built to reroute the call from 1 site to the other create a calling loop because their preference is lower than that of the FXO trunkgroup.

Can this be done using H323?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Pat

1 Reply 1

timothy.bailey
Level 1
Level 1

You need to use keepalive mechanisms to shut down the dial-peers that are not available. This will prevent routing loops. Run sh dial-peer voice summary to see what peers are up when the PRI's are down they should be in a busy state. If they are not add in the necessary configuration to the peers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: