cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Long Distance Getting Cut Off

cordog1984
Level 1
Level 1

First off, I am not the best at using Cisco Voice.

What is happening is I am dialing a number, like 1-800-123-4567 into the phone and when I hear the dial tone it changes the number to 123-4567 and give me a message about having to dial a 1 in front of the number.

When I go into are Cisco 2921 and use command "show call active voice" (after I dial the number) one part I notice is:

GwReceivedCalledNumber= 918001234567 (we have to dial 9 to dial out of are system)

GwOutpulsedCalledNumber=1234567

So if I am reading this correct, the Gateway receives that call in the correct format (excluding the 9) and then when it pushs the number outwards it cuts off all but the last 7 digits. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to fix this issue?

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You mentioned no phone model you are using, but the issue you described seems to be related to Cisco 2921 - and Cisco 2921 is no Small Business kind of product. Thus you are off-topic in Small Business Voice Systems. No problem, I will move your question to more appropriate community.

According question itself - relationship between GwReceivedCalledNumber and GwOutpulsedCalledNumber is matter of Cisco 2921 configuration. Read Number Translation using Voice Translation Profiles for more.