Replies

Outbound Translation to PSTN on CUCM

aelankoud
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we have CME installed with 8 FXOs ports and One PRI T1/E1 card,

Now we want to switch the CME configuration to CUCM 11,
In our administration each IP Phone has one number for internal calls, eg 1104, and another number for outside calls eg 9221, SDA: 0537009221.
If a user wants to make a call outside (Fix, GSM, International, ....), how the number (SDA) displayed to the called?

An example of ephone-dn in CME :

ephone-dn  286  dual-line
 number 9221 secondary 1104
 label 0537009221
 description 1104
 name User  
 corlist incoming VIP1
 corlist outgoing VIP1

Thank you.

7 Replies 7

You can use EPNM [external phone number mask] for calling line identification (CLID) on outgoing calls.

By default, the extension number assigned to the phone is sent as the caller ID in order to send the FQN [Fully Qualified Number], an EPNM needs to be assigned to the extension. 

The EPNM is in call routing to manipulate the internal directory number to digits that can be routed over the PSTN

Find these below links helpful in understanding its use

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/cisco-voice/understanding-external-phone-number-mask/

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1745737&seqNum=2

HTH

Regards

Abhay

Kindly rate all helpful posts !!!

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Hi Abhay,

thank for your answer, but i have another issue :

Each IP Phone has two numbers, the first for internal calls: 1XXX, and the other for external calls: 9XXX, the 9XXX numbers is configured on EM for authentication.
I want to do the configuration as follows:
If a user wants to make an internal call the called number is 1XXX
And if the user wants to make an external call the calling number is 9XXX
How I can do this in CUCM, knowing that CME has already configured like this:
Ephone-dn 285 dual-line
  Number 9221 secondary 1104
  Label 0530009221
  Description 1104
  Name Admin
  Corlist incoming VIP1
  Corlist outgoing VIP1

Best Regards.

Youssef

As per the confg that you have for the Ephone-dn 285, you are using 2 numbers for it 9221 and 1104 as primary and secondary respectively.

If any user calls 1104 or 9221 , then the same phone is supposed to ring. In CUCM you can create a directory number for secondary number and check the box for Call Forward All to the primary destination. 

For the Calling Numbers to be displayed or to be sent out to PSTN, check the links shared earlier. 

HTH

Regards

Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Hi Abhay,

thank you for help,

How I can configure the secondary number in CUCM ??

thank you again,

Best regards.

Youssef

As mentioned in the last reply, create a directory number and select Call Forward All for the primary number. 

Regards

Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal

Hi Abhay, thank you,

I have another question, if I want to write a single line, his number eg 1104, for internal calls, and external calls, but when I make a call to the outside, the number supported is 9221 , The suffix of my DID: 0537009221,
And if someone makes a call to that number (0537009221), the call must be received by 1104.

how can I do that ?

Thank you again.

Youssef

In order for the call to be received by 1104 if someone calls 0537009221, you can use Translation Pattern as an option to achieve it. 

Create a TP as 0537009221 and use Called Party Transform Mask to route the call to whatever desired extension you want to. 

HTH

Regards

Abhay

Kindly rate all helpful posts !!!

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal