Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing Call is not working on CME with SIP Phones

Hi Friends,

I have implemented the CME 10.5 with Cisco 8800 Series phones. I am facing the issue with outgoing calls, when the phone has off Hook then dial the external number and after dial the 2 digits, it's getting fast busy. If I dial the extension and then press the call button and it's working fine.

Cisco 8841>>CME 10.5(SIP)>>4FXO>>Telco.

Attached the logs.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Add "no digit collect kpml" and reset the phone. Test it after that.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Add "no digit collect kpml" and reset the phone. Test it after that.

If you turn off KPML, doesn't this mean the phone will now have 10 second timeout before sending anything to CME/SRST etc?

Are you talking about T.302 ? I don't think so. With KPML you are doing a digit by digit dialing. Without it and with rtp-nte, you basically do a en-bloc. I believe interdigit applies to both but with KPML enabled, the IOS has a tendency to match the digit pre-maturely resulting in call failures.

Yeah that's the issue we see.

If you turn off the digit collection via KPML, it allows you to dial off hook

If you turn it on, it does pre-maturely match it.

Is there any fix for the early matching problem?

Cheers,

Tim.

To be honest and AFAIK, its not a defect. Thats how IOS works. It is not intelligent like CUCM and does a premature pattern match. The way to fix this is to disable kpml collect. I have seen it working and not working with the config in place. The behavior is not consistent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: