Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing Calls Problem (SIP Trunk)

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have a deployment for HQ and one branch. The IP phone is placed in the HQ and I need the call to be sent from the branch. I added a SIP trunk between the CUCM and the GW.

I can accept calls from my SP to VGW > CUCM> Phone. But if try to place a call from the phone > GW > SP, it does not work.

I tried to collect debug voip ccapi inout but no outoput.

I collected the traces from the CUCM and I attached it.

I checked with the security team, they informed me that everything is OK from their side.

6 Replies 6

Hi

if my understanding is correct, the same GW that receives an inbound call are unable to make an outbound call, am I correct?

Try the following:
1) Collect the 'debug voice ccapi inout' from an inbound call
2) Collect the 'debug ccsip all' from an outbound call

Regards

Yes, this is the cae.

I can receive calls and debug works fine when I did the configuration for incoming calls from Telco. However, when I started the configuration of outgoing calls, I enabled the debug of "voip ccapi and ccsip messages" but no output, looks like nothing hits the router. So that I enabled the traces on CUCM, and I got the the error 404 in the traces.

Did you check the Route Pattern and run Dialed number anlyzer on CUCM to check whether calls hitting proper to path for out destined and also check CSS and PT.

When you making outgoing what is the message is getting played.

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Yes, I checked dialed number analyzer, and I can see in the traces that I attached that the call went through through the right SIP trunk.

For outgoing calls no messages, it keeps for a long time trying to call then disconnect.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,It doesnt look like you have setup your traces correctly..Please use the link below to configure your trace settings and then send cucm logs again.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/126666/collecting-cucm-traces-cucm-862-tac-sr

Please include calling, called and time of call..

If you have more than one cucm server, ensure that you collect the logs from all the servers in your cluster

Please rate all useful posts

Thank you,

I'll try to re-collect the traces.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: