Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing CLI

suzy.bosevska
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can you please advise how I can block CLI I am using CISCO 8845 handsets (previously used 1831 this is a Telstra blocking number, it was used prior to dialling the number) will this work in CISCO and should I add it to a calling search space.  If so can somebody please advise how I can add this number to an existing calling search space / partition.  Or is there any other options available.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you need to send 1831 + number to your telco, you can just adjust your route patterns to accept that.

CUCM will send whatever digits you want to your telco, assuming they have a special meaning to them and know they need to do a certain action.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime, can you please advise where the Route Pattern is located as the person that normally looks after this in our office is away on holidays.

OK, whether you only need that, or you also need to adjust your GW, depends on what kind of signaling protocol you use, if it's MGCP, you only need to change CUCM, if it's H.323 or SIP, you'll also need to access the GW and adjust the dial-peers. If the latter, you'd need access to the gateways as well.

You'd need to look at your call routing to determine that.

Changing the dial plan without knowing how it is configured, can lead to you having no calls, or affecting outbound calls.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: