cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook causing MWI to go out.

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

Need some help on this one. It seems I have a user that gets a voice mail and MWI will light. It will stay lit for about 20 seconds and then it goes out. I think somehow Outlook is marking them read without the user reading them.

Any suggestions or ideas please advise

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

I'm sure you are on the right track here :)

I just read about a similar problem the other day that had to do with new messages being moved to a Subfolder in Outlook.That causes the MWI to light briefly and then go out when the message is moved. This is an expected behaviour. Have a look at these two answers from one of my favourite NetPros Tcat!

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddce661/0#selected_message

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20End%20Users&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddcc8a8/0#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

User must be having rules set in MS Outlook for VM to be moved to a different folder.

I have checked in her outlook and the VM is not getting moved to any sub folders it is in the inbox folder.

What I think is going on is that I have an user error. I think that she is clicking on the message and not playing the wave file. Her thinking may be that this message would still appear new to Unity. I appreciate the help though. Thanks

To show the user what happens, you can mark the voicemail as new in Outlook, and it will turn the MWI light on the phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: