Views
Helpful
Replies

Outside DID to Unity Mailbox Greeting

Jeff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I know there is a way to do this however I am at a loss.  What i am trying to accomplish is to have users call a DID number which will then get transferred to unity and prompt them for a mailbox number.  After entering the internal extension number of the user they are trying to reach, they will get that users voice mail box where they are able to leave a message. We currently have a DN of *XXXX associated with a route point that goes to unity.  This way internal users can dial an extension and go directly to VM.  I would like to be able to do this from the outside as well. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Flo.Matalis
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, have you tried allocating an outside DiD number going to voicemail pilot? Check what's your voicemail pilot by going to "Advance Features -> Voicemail -> Voicemail Pilot"
I usually do it on the gateway. Just do a translation going to voicemail pilot. Make sure you have a dial-peer going to the pilot.

Hello, 

Thank for your the reply and suggestion.  yeah we currently have a DID mapped to the hunt pilot however when a caller calls in, it prompts for the user extension, then it tries to transfer the call to that extension.  What i would like is for after the call gets to unity from the outside, the outside caller enters the extension of the internal user and it then goes to the users mailbox greeting to leave a message (instead of our current setup of it trying to transfer to their desk phone first).  I believe this is done w/ call handlers but my Unity administration is a bit rusty.  

Thanks

-Jeff 

That behavior is handled by the call transfer rules of EACH user, you would need to have EACH user configure their personal transfer rules to do that. Oh, and those have to be configured in their own PCA, not in CUC admin.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: