Helpful
Replies

Overlap extensions - Access code needed

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All, 

We have a HQ site and a remote site.

Apparently HQ site(CiscoUC) has 1xxx, 2xxx extensions and our Remote site(Alcatel PBX) also have 1xxx, 2xxx ext.

We are currently responsible for HQ site and we would like to dial an access code of (8) followed by 1xxx,2xxx to dial to our remote site. SiteCode is not needed. 

In HQ we currently use access code (9) to make all external outgoing calls.

How do i go about doing that?

Is it just a simple adding of 8.1xxx, 8.2xxx at Route pattern and point it to relevant Gateway/Routelist? What partition should i place these route pattern in

Appreciate any advise

4 Replies 4

Hi,

What you said will do the job (8.1xxx) with a predot strip.? My advice is
to review your dialplan and ensure that whatever solution you deploy will
live for long to avoid workaround if this expands. I prefer normalized
dialplans with globalization and localization.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

@J_Vansen_S wrote:

Is it just a simple adding of 8.1xxx, 8.2xxx at Route pattern and point it to relevant Gateway/Routelist? What partition should i place these route pattern in

Yes that would be how you would do it. With the assumption that you’d have a predot DDI set on the route patterns.

As we don't know any details about your specific setup we can't give you any advice on what partition to put this in, any PT that is present in the CSS(s) that the device or line CSS contains would do. It doesn't really matter what PT you'd use as it just a holding place for various configuration.

I like to use this analogy to explain what PTs and CSSs do. Think of a PT as an old style paper phone book, or whatever that's really called in English, and a CSS as a book shelf that contains these phone books. As long as the phone book is in your shelf you can make calls to any phone number that is in that specific book. Adding or removing phone books to the shelf alters what phone numbers that is possible to make calls to.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have never done this and are unfamiliar with how the dial plan/digit analysis engine works, it might be in your best interest to engage either a local Cisco partner WITH voice specializations or a reputable UC consultant to assist.

You need to have full understanding of how it works to then analyze your current dial plan and then determine what would be the best configuration for this. If you're not familiar with this, you may introduce issues into your system due to overlapping dial plan.

At the very least, you should read the dial plan chapter from the SRND before doing any changes.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Is it just a simple adding of 8.1xxx, 8.2xxx at Route pattern and point it to relevant Gateway/Routelist?That sounds good. Extra digit 8 can be striped as @Mohammed al Baqari  mentioned use Predot.  

if you don't want to use predot on CUCM,the extra digit 8 can be striped by Alcatel while receiving the calls.

What partition should i place these route pattern in

The answer depend on your requirement, if all your staff need to access this RP  you need to keep them in a partition which all users can access it. In such case you can also keep this RP in NONE partition. Before deciding you need to analyze your existing dialplan.

CSS and partition configuration is well explained in below document.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/22325-part-css-tn.html

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: