Views
Helpful
Replies

Overwrite calling number on CUBE

mcaldogne
Level 3
Level 3

Hi! 

I have the following situation: the customer administers his PBX for himself and sends calls to the PSTN over our CUBE. I would like to overwrite the calling number if this number does not belong to the customer or if no calling number will be sent. 

I thought to configure a custom incoming dial peer for this customer, matching on IP Address, and, if possible, to create voice translation-rules to change the calling number for calls matching this dial-peer, but only if the calling number is different from XXX....or...

What do you think about this configuration? How can I configure so a voice translation-rule?

Thanks,

Mirko

7 Replies 7

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There could be many options to achieve this but just to go ahead with your way, you can have two inbound dial peers. First one with 'answer-address xxx...' where you don't want to change the CLI and second with 'answer-address .' where you can apply voice translation rule to change the calling number as required.

Just ensure that you don't end up with changing the calling number again under outbound dial peer.

- Vivek

Yes, I would like to avoid changing the configuration of the outbound dial-peers... 

Today I've tested configuring only one incoming dial-peer matching only on IP address and it seems to be enough: I think on this dial-peer I can translate the calling number with some voice-translation. I need to test again tomorrow to be sure that it is OK.

Hi,

Could you please attach you current config after the change?

Also, if you give us the example of the modifications ( may be multiple ) eg. 803 --change to 703

I just want want to understand how IP based filtering is done to translate a calling number.

Hi!

Here the significant part of the configuration:

voice class e164-pattern-map 900
description For Outbound Dial Peer CUSTOMER
e164 0551123344
e164 0551124433
e164 0551221233
e164 0551998T

voice class uri 900 sip
host ipv4:10.10.10.1 -->IP of customer's  PBX

voice translation-rule 90
rule 1 /0551998/ /0551998/ -->no translation from 0551998801 to 0551998899, customer's DDI
rule 2 /0551123344/ /0551123344/ -->no translation
rule 3 /0551124433/ /0551124433/ -->no translation
rule 4 /0551221233/ /0551221233/ -->no translation
rule 5 /.*/ /0551123344/ -->no or wrong DDI translate to 0551123344

voice translation-profile FROMCUSTOMER
translate calling 90

dial-peer voice 900 voip
description TO CUSTOMERSPBX
preference 1
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:10.10.10.1
destination e164-pattern-map 900
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip profiles 2
no voice-class sip block 183
dtmf-relay sip-notify rtp-nte
no fax-relay sg3-to-g3
fax protocol t38 version 3 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none
ip qos dscp cs5 media
ip qos dscp cs4 signaling
no vad

dial-peer voice 901 voip
description FROM CUSTOMERSPBX
translation-profile incoming FROMCUSTOMER
preference 1
session protocol sipv2
incoming uri via 900 -->matching from IP
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip profiles 1
no voice-class sip midcall-signaling block
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
no fax-relay sg3-to-g3
fax protocol t38 version 3 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none
ip qos dscp cs5 media
ip qos dscp cs4 signaling
no vad

I hope this example can clarify how it works.

Thanks for your help!

Mirko

Amit,

IP based filtering is not used to translate calling number. This is just using voice class uri to match the correct dial-peer so that voice translation rule can be applied to it

Please rate all useful posts

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Matching based on the IP address is just half the job done. What this gives you is only the ability to apply specific rules to a dial-peer. The second part of the job how will you know which number the customer is going to use that is not part of their DDI? It looks like you are running a multi-tenant environment and that poses a challenge for you here. If you have a way to identify the calling number that is not part of the DDI, then this should be straight forward for you

Please rate all useful posts

I've seen today that matching on the IP address is not a big problem. Now, I know what DDI the customer should send, I think it might be enough! I need to find the right rules to change these if they are wrong....

You're right, our is a multi-tenancy environment, the configuration CUBE can be very complicated but there are many possibilities to find a solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: