Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pagging DN Access restrication.

Hi,

How can we block access to Pagging DN for any calls which comes in from the CO line.

i have the following Pagging DN configured.

!

!

ephone-dn  10

number 1111

name Paging - XYZ

paging ip 239.1.1.1 port 2000

!

now the issue we facing is any calls which comes in via the CO line hears the IVR and a requeset

to dial extension or 0 for operator assistance, if any caller  press 1111 all the phone are getting a page.

So, for calls comming in via the CO line should not get access to 1111.

thank you.

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So, the call flow is like this CO --> IVR --> caller can enter 1111?

What is used for the IVR, is it CUE? If so, you can adjust the script not to allow access to 1111 from it.

Chris

Hi Chris,

This is CME router, and i have extension starting with 11XX , the call flow is like you understood.

CO---> IVR ----> and the caller enters desired extension (eg: 1101, 1102),

but i dont want the call to enter 1111 which is the paging extension and is used internally by local users to send pages.

In a way i dont want any calls received on CO line to have access to extension 1111.

hope its clear now.

thank you.

Modify the IVR script to check what digits were collected before transferring the call and if 1111 was collected do whatever you want with it, i.e. drop it or send somewhere else.

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

can this be done with any build in IOS feature, like cor?

as iam not really good with tcl scripts.

thank you.

Maybe stating the obvious, but can't you just change the paging number to something that aren't in your range of DNs for phones? Like 9999 or any other suitable number. That would probably make it less probable that someone would dial it from the IVR.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Hi, that can't be done in this case as I have multiple paging DNs spanning over multiple CMEs.

thank you.

Okay, was just a thought.

You could try with COR. For that you'll need to get the calls from the IVR to match a unique incoming dial peer. On that DP you'd set a COR list that doesn't contain the right to call the dial peer used to route call to the paging system. On the paging DP you'd need to use a COR list that have a right that the IVR DP doesn't have. For the CME phones you'd do not need to add any COR list, since COR will let all calls through from a DP that doesn't have a COR list attached to it.

COR can be quite hard to wrap your head around, that was at least the case for me when I first came a cross it :) If you compare it to CSS and PT it might be easier to understand. Also the concept of incoming and outgoing call legs are critical to understand. The odd thing about COR is that it will allow calls through even if there aren't any COR list on the incoming or outgoing dial peer.

Look at this URL for more information on how to setup COR, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml

Best of luck with your setup.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature