Views
Helpful
Replies

Paging Multicast

kashif2401
Level 1
Level 1

We have a new setup , where we have  :-

1. Informacast Paging Server in Vlan 14  of Core Switch-3850  ( Paging Server IP : 10.10.14.5)

------ Server Vlan SVI IP Address  -  10.10.14.1 (Core Switch 3850 )

2. IP Phones in Vlan 11 of Access Switches ( 3850 Access Switches Connected to Core Switch 3850 by TRUNK )

------  Voice Vlan SVI IP address  - 10.10.11.1 ( on Core Switch 3850 )

Need to configure Multicasting from Paging Server(Vlan 14)  to IP Phones (Vlan 11) . Can anyone give a simple and clear configuration for this ?

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

actually i was having issue in this one only, when i dig more into this, my core switch is having lanbase license which doesnt support multicast and pim.

Now my question is do i have to take license for ipservice for all the access switches as well or only for core switch?

Hi,

You will need the ip services license.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

You can enable multicast as follows:

ip multicast-routing

Interface vlan 14

ip pim sparse-mode

interface vlan 11

ip pim sparse-mode

interface loopback 1

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.255

ip pim rp-address 192.168.1.1

Thanks

John

this is perfect solution but now my main concern is do i have to take that license for all the access switches in the network or the license for core switch will be enough?

this is perfect solution but now my main concern is do i have to take that license for all the access switches in the network or the license for core switch will be enough?

Hi,

You just need license for the layer 3 devices, in your case, just the core switch.

Thanks

John

Great! thanks for all the help, really appreciate it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: