cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Parked calls going to different locations

lwatson77
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.  My company supports the state with their phone issues. We are experiencing a problem at all of the state police posts where employees will park calls at Post A and when the person dials the parked number to pick up the call at Post A the person holding on the parked call says they were holding for someone at Post C.  We thought this issue was due to a bug in CUCM version 7.1.2 so they were upgraded to 7.1.5. to resolve the issue. However, that doesn't seem to have worked.

We have five different parked call group numbers (885XX, 886XX, 887XX, 888XX and 889XX) all within the same Partition. These numbers are shared for each Post. Each parked call groups are pointed to a different subscriber. 

Has anyone seen this happening anywhere else? Any suggestions on what should get done? If I have to put in a TAC case what kind of information will they need? I just took over this position a month ago. The bug was found by the person in this position previously so I don't have that information. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi lwatson77,

Have you tried to verify that the phones are in fact registered to their

proper Subscriber's. So that phones at Post A and phones at Post C

can only access the Call park numbers specified for their area/Subscriber?

Cheers!

Rob

PS: you can also use Partitions to prevent IP Phones from accessing

the wrong park DN's.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fscallpk.html#wp1150638

Rob,

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, all of the phones for the State Police point to the same subscriber. We don't have different subscribers for each post. In fact, the subscribers used by the state police are also used by another department in the State. The parked call numbers are listed on each subscriber and assigned to a specific subscriber.

We don't have Call Park numbers specifically assigned to the different posts. All of the posts use the same call park number. We have about 15 to 16 different posts. Wouldn't we need to create a new Partition for each post based on your suggestion?

Thanks,

Lyn

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lyn,

OK ...well this all makes sense then Call park is working as designed with

your setup. Partitions would work like you described but would be cumbersome

to manage on an ongoing basis probably. Have you looked at Directed Call Park?

It might mitigate these issues if the specific Post used specified Directed Call Park numbers.

Directed Call Park allows a user to transfer a call to an available user-selected directed call park number.

From the doc I linked earlier.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks. But any idea why the parked calls would work like that? If someone at Post A parks the call on 88700 and someone else at Post A picks it up at 88700 how could it be someone other than the person who called post A? Once a call parked number is in use it can't be used until it is free, right? So, how is a completely different person on the parked line from the original call? That is what I can't get my head around.

I think I will just have to give TAC a call on this one. We aren't too keen on adding the additional Partitions because as you say they can be quite cumbersome to manage and lots of time to get that done.

Thanks for your help. I can mention the Directed Call Park.

Lyn

Have you already looked at CUCM traces to confirm that during the timeframe this happens the park slot was not retrieved and then used for another call??

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

java,

At this time I haven't been notified when it happens. I get it usually days later. It goes through their support department and then comes to me. I will email the person who placed the ticket and ask her to call me the next time it happens.

I've done little with tracing. Will you let me know what traces to look for or turn up to check this? I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Lyn

CCM traces at detailed level will do just fine, if you open a TAC they will ask for the same traces to look at.

Set Up Cisco CallManager Traces for Cisco  Technical Support

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks. I've asked them to let me know when it happens again. Thanks for the info on what TAC would need. Appreciate it.

lwatson77
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone for all the help. It turns out after the upgrade was done the service parameter for

Use All Call Park Numbers Once Before Reusing was not changed to True. That was the issue and is now resolved.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: