Views
Helpful
Replies

Parsing from CUCM's Informix to MySQL or MSSQL database

Cesar Ortega
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

I was wondering if someone knows how to replicate, for example, from CUCM’s Informix database to an external one (Ex: MSSQL or MySQL). It is for troubleshooting purposes.

Remark: I don't like to work directly on the CUCM CLI.

I have seen this before but I can find the information...

Thank you all

5 Replies 5

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

1 - You can't really do what you want. You'd have to use the AXL SQL API and scan all the database tables for changes and manually populate them to your MySQL database.

2 - Why not just run the queries against the real CUCM DB? If you're just doing queries, it's unlikely to affect CUCM performance. My cluster isn't small and I've only once hit throttling once by trying to do a very hideous SQL update across all line appearances.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

hello,
Can anyone tell me that is possible access to Informix database  from any linux/unix client ?
I would like to manage and searching database.

You can't get something like an ODBC connection. You have to use the CUCM APIs (e.g. AXL) to work with the database.

GTG

Hi Gordon,

It means, that I can't use for example "Informix Client Software Development Kit" ;/

Correct.

CUCM is heavily locked down. You can't even get a normal operating system shell on it. (Well, not normally....)

GTG