Views
Helpful
Replies

Partial/fractional T1 PRI card

a.brazendale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we're running a 2911 router and are just about to order a card to support a new PRI service that we are pulling in. It is a 'starter pack' PRI from our telco and this is a fractional/partial T1 PRI with 10 voice lines available (instead of 24). Does anyone know if the VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 card supports partial PRIs?

I assume (on the router side) it's all in the command 'pri-group timeslots 1-10' instead of '1-24', but without the actual card available I can't check it, or find much in documentation about support...

cheers,

Alan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Of course, it supports "partial PRI".

View solution in original post

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The card supports fractional PRI, but this isn't supported with MGCP.  You need to run H323 if you run a fractional PRI if you want TAC/development support.

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K14305072

With MGCP, you can get by with busying out the channels in CM and disabling MGCP config server, but again, it won't be supported if you run into issues.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Of course, it supports "partial PRI".

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The card supports fractional PRI, but this isn't supported with MGCP.  You need to run H323 if you run a fractional PRI if you want TAC/development support.

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K14305072

With MGCP, you can get by with busying out the channels in CM and disabling MGCP config server, but again, it won't be supported if you run into issues.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll look up both options, maybe the H323 option is the better just to stay on the support side.

H.323 or SIP will actually give you much more than being support side.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: