cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Partially Registered Phones

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

We've just discovered a small number of phones (a variety of 79xx models across all our subscribers) which are showing in CCMADMIN as "Partial Registered" The phones appear to work fine. A Reset of the device via CCMADMIN brings the phone back as fully Registered.

So far, the ones we've found are all SIP.

We're on 8.0.3(SU2a), and the phones are on 9.1.1 firmware.

Anyone else seen this, or know why it happens ?

Thanks,

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
12 Replies 12

kusatija
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Gordon!

Have not seen this before.

Is the issue with a specific device pool?

Can you provide a screen shot?

Also browse the Ip of the phone with the issue, and check what the status messages say.

Also see if the replication is good across the cluster.

HTH

Kunal

This is across our cluster, so no specific device pool or subscriber. Nothing in common across the phones that we've seen.

As to a screen shot, there's nothing to show really. Instead of the status column saying "Registered 1.2.3.4" is says "Partial Registered"

Oh, and the phone logs don't give any indication of errors.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

AK007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One of the scenario where we observe PARTIAL REGISTERED state is :

ASSUMPTION : Phones of question should be running SIP PROTOCOL , with more than ONE DN.

CAUSE : If one DN has right configuration while the other has some anomalies , then in that case you can observe PARTIAL REGISTRATION STATE.

What would be considered an "anomaly?"

We are having this issue frequently lately and is is affecting our call center agents. I dont see any anomalies

But I see in the Event Viewer and Expressway logs where phones are unregistering and we have to force them back to register,

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This can be corrected by updating the phone button template, but you may also have to change the line mode from session to enhanced. Enhanced allows for use of addition phone buttons. In my case, an 8841 set as a 5DN template with 5 DNs. Ran into the issue when adding a 6th DN. I changed the template to an 8 button with 2 SDs but phone showed partially registered. I changed line mode to enhanced, all six DNs showed on the phone and the issue was corrected.

Pls rate if its “Helpful”.

I see where I can change the 8851 to enhanced, but this is also affecting our 7841's. I do not see a line mode option

Partially registered means that not all lines on a SIP phone have registered.  If you have added a line to the configuration of the phone in call manager and the phone isn't accepting it's configuration file (ITL update failed in the status messages on the phone) the phone will only be registering some of the lines that are configured in call manager leading to that status.

check below step:

1: is phone greeting correct tftp server up address?

2: Delete  ITL file from that affected phones.

3: Assign correct phone button template which have only 1 line 

4: DN should be configured on line 1 in SIP Phone 

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

What about intermittent group of 30-50 phones that "partially register"

You mention 1 line phone template. But MRAr supports multi-line. So if I have a user that has a primary and CCX extension what do I do with that? I have been running MRA multi-line  for a year, i upgraded the Expressway from 8.11.4 to 12.7.1 and a month later I get mutliple (30-50) phones partially registering out of nowhere sometimes 3-4 times a day. This is impacting our business drastically. We have about 800-900 MRA phones,

Don’t have much knowledge about MRA.

Please raise a case with TAC team for further  assistance definitely they will suggest to you with proper solution.

Pls rate if its “Helpful”

I have been working with TAC for almost 2 weeks and still have no clue why this is happening. Now phones are going into partial multiple times a day

It’s really disappointing news that’s your issue still not resolved.

Please take follow up with TAC team, they are the CHAMP definitely they will help out to you on this case.

Also please share what TAC found for resolution once your issue resolved for better visibility to our community members.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: