Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PASS DATA THROUGH SIP INSTEAD OF PRI

Hi

We have one HQ Router with many branches connected with this  through metro Ethernet over the MPLS..We need a redundant scenario if the metro is down at the branches

Let's say that the metro going down at the  branch B...Then how the remote branch could reach the HQ router? You can establish that I think with analogue line in the branch and one PRI in the HQ router. Then the Remote branch will dial and through the PSTN network will reach the HQ Router.

Correct me if I am wrong

Now instead of PRI scenario we want to use SIP

This was my question

Is this possible?

Regards

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your question is not very clear..

If branch B has an analogue line connected to the PSTN, then yes users in Branch B can dial HQ via the PSTN.

If the HQ router uses SIP to connect to the PSTN, and branch B has analogue line, yes when the MPLS is down, they can still dial the HQ over the PSTN. It doesnt matter if its SIP or ISDN

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi

Yes but my question is if we can establish that via sip.....And if need it any special config either than the  sip  config for voice

Regards

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Are you asking if you can use sip in the branch router instead of the analogue line. The asnwer is Yes you can. You will need to configure the sip trunk to your provider.

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

My question is if i can use sip instead of PRI in the HQ router

And if teh answer is yes then do  you have any documentation or any example?

Regards

I already answered that question in the previous post. You can use SIP. You need to search the forum, there are loads of example on configuring SIP trunks in cisco gateway. You also need to work with your sip provider to know what configuration is best. If you know who your sip provider is, there are sample configurations on cisco CCO on how to configure your gateway and cucm to achieve best results.

Please note that, you will need to purchase additional licenses from cisco for this. This solution is what is called cisco unified border element (CUBE). So you are going to need CUBE licenses.

You also need to decide if your solution is going to be a SIP to SIP or sip to h323. SIP to SIP means that calls coming from your sip provider will go via a sip trunk to CUCM, SIP to h323 means that calls coming from your sip provider will go via h323 to your cucm.

Link below gives a sample guide.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_Border_Element_SIP_Trunk_Configuration_Example