Helpful
Replies

PAssword change in CUCM 10.5 version

Ajith Nayak
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Can any one share a document which will solve below queries:

1. We are running CUCM 10.5 version with Cisco unity (with connection SIP trunk) and IM and presence integrated with CUCM and CUAC running in th setup,Also VCS control and VCS expressway,TMS in the cluster.

2.Since some security issue we are planning to change below passwords.

Application user name and password
Administrator Account user name and password
Security password,OS administration.

3.Can any one share command/Procedure to achieve the same

4.Also what precaution needs to be taken during this activity

Regards,

Ajith

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Changing the passwords wont impact this at all but cluster reboot during security password change makes it unavailable for some time during the reboot depending on the CM group configuration.

View solution in original post

It will not impact the integration with VCS or Expressway series servers.

Manish

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ajith,

You can refer below doc:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/65041/how-reset-passwords-cucm#Reset_Administrator_and_Security_passwords_on_CUCM_5

Thanks,

Rajan

Dear Rajan,

Thanks for your kind reply, However This forum only gives information till version8.X

In CUCM 10.5 the commands are changed

Also I need the Proper steps to change the OS admin password/security password etc

These are the new commands for 10.x

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_CBEED39F_00_cucm-cli-reference-guide-100/CUCM_BK_CBEED39F_00_cucm-cli-reference-guide-100_chapter_01001.html#CUCM_CL_U39BF1C4_00

Dear Rajan,

Is there any dedicated guide from cisco which will help me to do this activity?

Also need t know the precautions to be taken care/impacts/outage etc

Only thing you need to take care is that you reset security password in the correct order mentioned in that document and reboot the cluster. 

Dear Rajan,

I understand this activity needs to be done on pub and followed by all subscribers.

To my knowledge when we change security password and if we have IM and presence in the cluster along with unity connection,as far as i know we need to change the ecurity password in IM and password. But I have bit confusion towards unity connection as we have a sip integration with CUCM do I have to do the changes in unity connection?

Also if we have a Contact center Express in this environment do we have to make any changes in Contact center Express as well?

thx!!

Hi Ajith,

Not mandatory to change it on UC and UCCX but IM&P is mandatory since starting from 10.x, IM&P server is added in System --> Server menu in CUCM and this also becomees part of the CUCM cluster. Hence needs to get authenticated using security password with CUCM pub.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Rajan

Ohh  great !!

Looks like you have almost solved my confusion,

a last query Assume my video codecs are register on cucm and i have VCS control and expressway along with TMS integrated will it impact this servers?

To my understanding it should not but still I would like to know if it going to impact this servers?

Changing the passwords wont impact this at all but cluster reboot during security password change makes it unavailable for some time during the reboot depending on the CM group configuration.

Thanks Rajan !! I think i got what I was looking for.. !!

you are welcome Ajith. Glad it helped :)

Thanks,

Rajan

HI Ajith,

you need to change the OS password in all servers in a cluster.

Lastly, after u change the OS password , your PLM would go out of Sync.

You need to change the password in existing product instance of PLM for synchronization.

regds,

aman

Thanks for this update Aman ji..!!

It will not impact the integration with VCS or Expressway series servers.

Manish