Views
Helpful
Replies

Password Recovery in CM 6.1(2)

reb-gun3000
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

I am following this document for OS Password recovery on CM 6.1(2).  I keep getting and incorrect login message.  using "pwrecovery" and "pwrest" as the documents states.  Anyone have any ideas what else I can try or what else might be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

14 Replies 14

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It's pwreset, not pwrest.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

That's just a typo from posting here.  I am using "pwreset" on the system.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just wanted to make sure you are actually connected via the console port

not using ssh.

Cheers!

Rob

"Clocks go slow in a place of work
Minutes drag and the hours jerk" 

-The Clash

Hello Rob,

this is on an MCS 780 series server.  I am directly connected to the monitor output and have a USB keyboard and mouse plugged in.  I can see the prompt to log in as well as see the username when I type it in.

Try to use SSH  , to access after that type the below

utils reset_ui_administrator_password

utils reset_ui_administrator_name

Thanks.  I can't get in via SSH either.

You can not allow to access . please tell me the problem . What about the console ., what is appear.

please check using ping  , is this reachable?.

The system is up and operation.  I can ping it, browse to it for Unified CM Administration but I cannot authenticate to Unified OS Administration.  I am directly connected to the MCS server with a keyboard, mouse and monitor.  I see a log in prompt but authentication is failing when I enter "pwrecovery" for the user name and "pwreset" for the password.

You can download a ssh client eg puTTY from google , Try again , it must be work.

I thnk you for your responses but you don't seem to be understanding the problem.  Getting to the server is not the problem.  I cannot AUTHENTICATE.

pwrecovery path is pretty much the last resort, It has always worked for me. But if its failing you it could be some bug or due to any other issue. I would advice to open a TAC case (you could try restarting the server, but since you dont have access to even do a clean restart it can further worsen the issue so I would not recommend that).

It would be better to log a case with TAC and get their assistance to resolve the issue.

Terry

Thanks Terry.  I think a TAC case is the ony way to go.  password recovery is pretty straight forward but it jst isn't working.

Not a problem - hope your issue gets resolved soon.

Please keep us posted about how it goes.

Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: