cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Patterns starting with a # resets the 8861 phone

ybpants
Level 5
Level 5

I noticed an issue where my 8861 phones are resetting if i dial a pattern that starts with a # and I am wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Some background:

I have a directory number of #XXXXXX (the extensions are all 6 digits) that forwards all calls to voicemail.  the voicemail profile has a mask of XXXXXX which strips the # and allows users to transfer calls directly to a target voicemail box without waiting for the foward no answer timer to expire.

I appreciate that this may not be the best way to do this but this is a hang up from a CME version 3 installation and has been in play on CUCM since version 4.  We are currently running CUCM version 10.5 and the 8861 firmware version is 10-3-1-20 but this has happened on older 8861firmware versions too.

Right now i hav e a mix of 7900 (mostly 7960 and 7965) and 8861 phones and the 7900's can dial the #XXXXXX pattern without issue but the 8861 cannot and the reset occurs as soon as the # is sent.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue?

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Did you try upgrading the firmware?

Yes

Right now 10-3-1-20 is the latest firmware (unless i am missing something there) and the issue occurs on all the older versions that i tried (right now the version numbers escape me) including some ES versions provided by TAC to address other issues we were seeing with the phones.

Hi ybpants, did you ever get a resolution to this problem?  If so, how did you fix it?  We're facing the same thing and have a TAC case open on it.  Tried 10.3.1, 11.0.1, and are now testing an ES of 11.0.1, problem still occurs.  Seems to be when a phone is used heavily and user does a lot of DTMF interaction (checking voice mail, IVRs, etc). 

Thanks!

Joe