cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Paxton Net2 on Call Manager

croberts20
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone managed to get Paxton intercoms to register on a CM?

Set a 3rd Party Basic SIP as usual, however the issue appears to be that it is not possible to set individual Auth IDs on each intercom. They only have an Auth name and password individually the Auth ID is set commonly for all intercoms so at best I can get one to register.

Paxton just say they sent some test kit to Cisco and they came back with a compatible statement, but they have no idea how to actually configure their own kit to make it work. Paxton literally said to go and ask Cisco how to set up their intercoms!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

croberts20
Level 1
Level 1

Got it working.

As originally suspected the configuration tool only allows a single SIP Auth ID to be configured for all panels/intercoms at a site. The way around this was to create a site per panel, however it was necessary to reset/wipe the panel configurations before the extra sites could be created. With that done it was possible to make all three intercoms register with the CM normally.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Knowing nothing about that OEM, I’m a bit confused by your statement about “getting multiple intercoms to register.” If you mean the device has multiple lines on it you need to use the Third-Party SIP Device (Advanced) device type as it supports up to eight line registrations. Also video SDP capabilities, if that’s relevant. Basic is limited to a single line and audio-only SDP.

Multiple devices with one line each. The registration is at least showing as rejected for the one I have configured for testing now so the device is being recognised at least even if registration fails. I'll give the Advanced a go.

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

I had some experience with this, but it was quite a number of years ago now and I am far away from that installation now.

That being said I do remember that it was a Third-Party SIP (Advanced) device which needs to be configured in CUCM. Third-Party basic didn't work.

I'll try the advanced, thanks for the suggestion. I thought the only difference was it allowed for multiple DNs?

croberts20
Level 1
Level 1

Got it working.

As originally suspected the configuration tool only allows a single SIP Auth ID to be configured for all panels/intercoms at a site. The way around this was to create a site per panel, however it was necessary to reset/wipe the panel configurations before the extra sites could be created. With that done it was possible to make all three intercoms register with the CM normally.