cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Paxton Net2 with CME

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any knowledge/experience of getting a Paxton Net2 door entry device registered to a CME as a third-party endpoint?  We have a voice register pool device configured with a username and password, and this works becuase a SIP softphone (like X-Lite) can register & place calls using these details.  The Paxton Net2 however will not register.  Thanks.

10 Replies 10

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can you add the debug ccsip message to the post.

please rate if helpful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Sorry for the delay in responding.  The device has IP address 10.0.6.35 and we have a voice register pool configured with username 109 and a voice register dn assigned configured with number 109.  Thanks.

Have also captured the following shortly afterwards using a different device (10.0.6.33) but same credentials, thanks.

Hi,

Did you ever manage to get the Net 2 Door entry working with CME?

I have a customer who has purchased a door entry and wants to integrate with CUCM.

If you get it registered as a SIP client can you then configure a speed dial or number that is dialled when the buzzer is pressed?

Thanks

Oli

I'm afraid not Oli, although the Net2 implementer in my case had checked CUCM compatibility rather than CME, so I got the impression info on configuring these for CUCM was much more readily available.

Regards,

Dan

Thanks Dan,
No problem. Hopefully it will work with CUCM.

If it is really just a SIP client that needs to register to a registrar server, than it should work with either CME or CUCM. Both can do digest auth if that is required and DTMF functionality should be good as well.

Agreed.  But we had a third-party SIP endpoint configured in CME, and X-Lite was able to register to the CME and place calls without any issue.  Provided details to Net2 implementer and they were unable to get the device to register.  CME was returning a '401 Unauthorized' to the device but Net2 engineer insisted the provided credentials were being used.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Interesting. Do you know the CME version that you were trying to do this on ? Also, the 401 was against the initial Register or against the challenge response Register ?

Oliver, 2N helios integrates quite nicely with cucm. and yes is essentially a 3rd party SIP device from a cucm point of view.  its button(s) are essentially speed dials. and it can be used to open a gate using DTMF. 

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: