cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PBX integration via analog FXO

victor2008
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to get 4 digit dialing working between a CME router and a legacy PBX vai an analog fxo? I understand that i'll need to find out more info on the PBX type, but don't have that as yet. But I'm curios in general if you can get 4 digit direct dialing working under most cases?

CME router has ephone in range of 2000-2050. Pbx has their phones in range of 3000-5000. Want to be able to call back and fourth with 4 digit dialing.

I'm told Qsig nor standard T1 is an option as PBX does not have available T1 port.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The ideal interation with small PBX is is made with ISDN BRI. It doesn't need to be QSIG, regualr BRI as for pots service is Ok.

You can use any dialplan as you like as long the PBX permits. The CME certainly does.

Any further issue must be dealt when doing the installation, usually the biggest problem is dealing with PBX technicians because they are never happy doing integrations, and would have preferred selling a PBX expansion instead.

Please remember to rate useful posts!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, integration via FXO only to PBX gives poor results. Reason why, to call from a PBX phone to CME, you have dual stage dialing.

As a very minimum, you need to use BOTH FXS and FXO in a mix to the PBX. This will allow you single-stage dialing in both directions, calling number passing, etc.

Please rate post if it helps!

Can you expand on how to setup this fxs/fxo combination up?

thanks

Configure CME so that outgoing calls will go out FXO and are incoming into PBX's FXS.

Configure PBX so that outgoing calls will go out FXO and are incoming into CME's FXS.

This way you will have single-stage dialing in both directions.

thank you,

Am I correct that we can achieve 4 digit dialing without issue? Or do you still expect there will likely be problems?

anything else to look out for?

The ideal interation with small PBX is is made with ISDN BRI. It doesn't need to be QSIG, regualr BRI as for pots service is Ok.

You can use any dialplan as you like as long the PBX permits. The CME certainly does.

Any further issue must be dealt when doing the installation, usually the biggest problem is dealing with PBX technicians because they are never happy doing integrations, and would have preferred selling a PBX expansion instead.

Please remember to rate useful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: