cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Peer firmware sharing - phone reset required after BAT update?

jeffrey.girard
Level 1
Level 1

My client is executing a world-wide update of all of their IP phones to current firmware before migrating to CUCM 8.x

In the midst of this process, I have discovered that about half of the phones have peer firmware sharing turned on, while the other half do not.

I know that I can update the configuration of those phone using BAT

BAT->Phones->Update Phones->Query and then select the checkbox for Peer Firmware Enable.

The question is - MUST I reset the phones for the functionality to be active.

I have tested a BAT update with a single phone and the push is successful - in that the phone configuration changes to show Peer Firmware Sharing is enable WITHOUT a reset.

However, is the functionality really active?

Without labbing it up and using a sniffer to see where other phones get their images from, all I can go by is what the CUCM tells me.

Thoughts anyone?

Is the capability immediately available after the push or will only become active after a reset?

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am pretty sure you need to Apply the config /reset the phone in order for it to take affect as the phone needs to download the updated configuration from TFTP server.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am pretty sure you need to Apply the config /reset the phone in order for it to take affect as the phone needs to download the updated configuration from TFTP server.

HTH,

Chris

thanks.  I was hoping to avoid that as the plants run 24 x 7

But you will have to restart the phones anyway to upgrade them so they will take the new config.

Yes you must apply the configuration to push it to the phone